Solved

Generated report in docman

• 19 November 2020
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Is there a way in Apps8 to put automatically a generated report into Document management and attach it to the business object ?

When printing a purchase order, we would like to have the report created in the docman and attach automatically it to the concerned logical unit.

And after that, how to send by email the attached documents ? For example, the drawing is attached to the inventory part. With the object connection transformation, the drawing is coming in the attachments of the PO. But how to include this document in the email ?

icon

Best answer by dsj 30 November 2020, 11:49

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

This is possible in Apps 9 and/or Apps 10 as I remember it. In Apps 8 you might be able to pull this off using a custom event, but it would require some coding.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

ok, thanks. The upgrade in V10 is highly expected !

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

ok, thanks. The upgrade in V10 is highly expected !

There should be a lot of new good stuff for you in Apps 10 :) Lobbies, Aurena, tons of functionality…

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

For sure :-)

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

In Apps 9 we built custom event to do this. It’s triggered by the RMB option to print the PO and performes the following setps…

1. Creates the PO output doc and saves it in docman,
  2. Searches for any doc’s connected to the parts being ordered, and any docs’ connected directly to the PO line (both part lines, and also no-part lines)
  3. Creates a document transmittal, and sets the receivver to the applicable supplier
  4. Adds the documents found in step 2 above, and the PO doc created in step 1 above, to the newly created transmittal
  5. Sends a streams message to the user that clicked the RMB, with a link to the transmittal.

The user can then zoom to the transmittal via the streams notification, review the connected documents, and if everything looks to be in order, they can process the transmittal. They would RMB on the transmittal and select Transmittal assistant. Since everyhing is already populated by the Custom Event they just click next,next,next,next to get to the final screen of the assistant, then specify the final detials of how they want to send the docs (we would usually specify that only the view fileds shall be emailed).

We actually have apps 9 and apps 10 running in our group of companies, and we use this same config in both versions. We didnt find any out-of-the-box solution for sending drawings with POs in either Apps 9 or Apps 10 - did we miss something?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Carole ,

I have done parts of your requirement few ears ago in App8 and App75  and have some pieces of scripts and details which would help you.

• When printing a purchase order, we would like to have the report created in the docman and attach automatically it to the concerned logical unit

This can be done by an writing an event action for PDF_REPORT_CREATED event with a condition REPORT_TITLE = Purchase Order. Check the attached script for the steps.

Attaching document to IFS object is not part of this script but I recall there was a nice discussion in the forum how to do it. Refer Create new document with empty file | IFS Community thread and look for scripts included there for how to call  doc_reference_object_api.New__  which does the job:wink:

• how to send by email the attached documents?

As far as I’ve understood, you want to include the attachments in  inventory part along with report PDF email. This also can be done by an writing an event action for PDF_REPORT_CREATED event and adding additional attachments to the mail can be done using a small trick. This blog post (Include additional attachments in IFS e-mail report) could be useful for you to find a solution.

Cheers!

Damith

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thanks a lot Damith for the document you shared !!! It has been very helpful for us.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi, 

We have a request to include pictures that are attached to parts when creating PO’s.  We are using the PDF_REPORT_CREATED event action to attach the PDF PO to an email that is sent to the suppliers and think this solution is what we’re looking for, but I’m not sure about creating/ modifying an event.  Can someone please provide additional detail

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi, 

We have a request to include pictures that are attached to parts when creating PO’s.  We are using the PDF_REPORT_CREATED event action to attach the PDF PO to an email that is sent to the suppliers and think this solution is what we’re looking for, but I’m not sure about creating/ modifying an event.  Can someone please provide additional detail

Hi @smelanson ,

Do you need to include part images to the PO report pdf of as separate attachments in the mail?, I believe the first can be done by some settings in IFS and for the second, you need to modify the event action.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Yes, that is the request from the purchasing users.  

thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @dsj 

The request from the user was to include an image along with the PO report pdf as separate attachments in the email.  I was hoping someone could provide some additional detail about how to configure this, since I have only been working with IFS for 6 months.

Thanks

Shelley

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

In Apps 9 we built custom event to do this. It’s triggered by the RMB option to print the PO and performes the following setps…

1. Creates the PO output doc and saves it in docman,
  2. Searches for any doc’s connected to the parts being ordered, and any docs’ connected directly to the PO line (both part lines, and also no-part lines)
  3. Creates a document transmittal, and sets the receivver to the applicable supplier
  4. Adds the documents found in step 2 above, and the PO doc created in step 1 above, to the newly created transmittal
  5. Sends a streams message to the user that clicked the RMB, with a link to the transmittal.

The user can then zoom to the transmittal via the streams notification, review the connected documents, and if everything looks to be in order, they can process the transmittal. They would RMB on the transmittal and select Transmittal assistant. Since everyhing is already populated by the Custom Event they just click next,next,next,next to get to the final screen of the assistant, then specify the final detials of how they want to send the docs (we would usually specify that only the view fileds shall be emailed).

We actually have apps 9 and apps 10 running in our group of companies, and we use this same config in both versions. We didnt find any out-of-the-box solution for sending drawings with POs in either Apps 9 or Apps 10 - did we miss something?

Dear RobinHunter, thank you for sharing this solution, this scenario fits perfectly an internal requirement we have in our company. 

Would please be so kind and help me and go a little more in detail about how you’ve accomplished step 4: “Adds the documents found in step 2 above, and the PO doc created in step 1 above, to the newly created transmittal” 

Thank you in advance