Question

First time Purchase

• 3 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

The first time a customer orders one of our products, we need to send them a Document that is attached to that Sales Part.  

I Wrote an advanced search that Looks Like what I need but it does not do the Lead Lag Functionality

Is this a limitation or is my format incorrect?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

What is it that looks like a limitation? What did you expect to happen that did not happen? It's not clear by looking at the screen shot. And when you say "document", do you mean an attached document stored in IFS Document Management?

Badge +1

The Advanced Search includes the commands Lead and Lag  but the error message won’t allow the statement.   Are Lead and Lag valid in advanced search?   If so what is wrong with the Search Statement?

The documents are attachments.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Aha. I had to look up LEAD and LAG. I have never used them but they seem to be SQL operators. I don't know if we support them or not, but you should know that the advanced search in IFS Cloud does not use SQL, it's another syntax (OData). I don't know if you can achieve what you intended with LEAD and LAG. Perhaps it's enough to search on the customer number and then use sorting to find the records you want?