Solved

Export License - How to get a Document Connected

• 11 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

In the Indicators section of the Export License there is “Document Connected” set to default No. 

After several License creation attempts, Export Controlled documents created, no matter what I tried I couldn’t get that indicator activated and document connected.

How could we get document(s) connected to the Export License?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 17 August 2023, 11:22

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I think that indicator will only say Yes, if a document has been connected to the export control license. Above, it seems like you are creating a new license and that one cannot be connected to a document until it has been created.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I tried this myself and I think there is a bug in the Export License page when it checks if a document is connected. I recommend you file a support case and tell them that there is an error in this line:

Doc_Reference_Object_API.Exist_Obj_Reference('ExportLicense', client_sys.get_key_reference('ExportLicense','export_license_id',export_license_id))

It should look like this:

Doc_Reference_Object_API.Exist_Obj_Reference('ExportLicense', client_sys.get_key_reference('ExportLicense','EXPORT_LICENSE_ID',export_license_id))

The difference is subtle, yes 🙂

Badge +2

Hi Mathias and thanks for your answer. 

We’ve logged a case as you suggested.

Feedback received is that if their investigation reveal the presence of a core defect or a documentation gap, the necessary corrective measures will be included in a forthcoming product release.

Regards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Thanks for reporting back!