Question

Enable Security Checkpoint

• 27 February 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi 

I believe that in Apps9 you can create a Custom Event that forces the Security checkpoint to appear, thus adding an extra level of security. (i.e. forcing the user to input password). This is the same functionality that is standard in DocMan. 

Does anyone know how to enable this? i have seen it working in a Shop Order guideline (have screen images) but dont have (access) to the code anymore to see what triggers it. 

Any ideas?

David.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Here is an example of the call from an event action

declare

gate_id_  VARCHAR2(2000) := 'TEST';

gate_msg_ VARCHAR2(2000);

BEGIN

gate_msg_ := Message_Sys.Construct('SECURITY_CHECKPOINT');

Message_Sys.Add_Attribute(gate_msg_,

'PERSON_ID',

user);

Security_Sys.Security_Checkpoint(gate_id_, gate_msg_);

END;

The gate_id_ should refer to the Checkpoint ID you have defined in Security Checkpoints→Security Checkpoints

You can add to the gate_msg_ if there are variables that you want to pass to the message.

Hope this helps.

Harley

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi, We have done this in our system. For me as an admin it works fine. For he end users we get an ORA-01031: insufficient privileges)  error message.

Does anyone know what permission we need to grant to our end users. I’ve had a look in Foundation 1 documentation and can not see anything (I may have overlooked)

Thanks,

Matthew

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi, We have done this in our system. For me as an admin it works fine. For he end users we get an ORA-01031: insufficient privileges)  error message.

Does anyone know what permission we need to grant to our end users. I’ve had a look in Foundation 1 documentation and can not see anything (I may have overlooked)

Thanks,

Matthew

For anyone still searching for an answer to the error - we found that FND_ENDUSER needed to be granted directly to the end user - rather that in a permission hierarchy. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Chriswharton22 

I have this exact error message, but this didnt work for me, there must be a permission as it works for me OK. (as an admin), similar to what Matthew has written. 

Does anyone else have this ORA-01301 Error?

David.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Chriswharton22 

I have this exact error message, but this didnt work for me, there must be a permission as it works for me OK. (as an admin), similar to what Matthew has written. 

Does anyone else have this ORA-01301 Error?

David.

It was a permission - took a lot of finding from memory - but I’ve moved employers since (who see the benefit in using the IFS Community) - I should have popped the permission on here when I found it. Sorry about that!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@Chriswharton22 thanks for replying. What a shame, I’ll have to find it myself, when I do I’ll share it back on here (haha!). Quick one, did you have checkpoint working with Windows Authentication ? I am getting a strange LDAP error in Production, but in our Dev instance which is only DB authentication, It works fine. Would be nice to know if I am wasting my time trying to fix something that doesnt work!!