Question

Documents Attached to Register Arrivals through to Receipt- is this possible?

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hello,

My customer is using Aurena, and would like to attach documents such as supplier delivery notes to the Register Arrival Lines, so that after receiving the parts into stock, and the Receipt is then created, the same documents will appear on the Receipt.

In Aurena, I have noticed that the Register Arrivals LU is ReceiptInfo, which is the same LU used for the Receipt screen. However, they have different Projections, so I am unsure as to how we would create this object connection transformation. 

I also looked at this in IEE, and the Register Arrivals screen uses a different LU to Aurena, as it uses PurchaseOrderLine instead of ReceiptInfo, but even when making this an active object connection its not possible to attach documents here.

My question is, has anyone used the Register Arrivals window to attach documents before, and if so, how was this achieved? Your feedback and help will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Aisha

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @Aisha Refae 

Below OCT rule did the trick. Even though when you check in IEE and it shows PurchaseOrderLine as the attachment LU, when you connect a document from Aurena, it actually gets connected to PurchaseOrderLinePart. So below OCT works for Aurena.

Thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hello Amila,

Thank you for your response.

I created the OCT you have attached.

I then went to attach a document to my register arrivals line in Aurena- however the document did not appear in Receipt. With the OCT you created, would you need to attach the document at the PO part line first, to get it through to Receipt?

The problem is, is that my customer does not want documents that are attached onto the PO Lines to be on the Receipt, but only documents from Register Arrivals.

1. Attached the document at Register Arrivals
  2. Then I receive the parts

3. When I go to my Receipt- there is no document attached

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

@Amila Samarasinghe 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @Aisha Refae 

I have checked again and it is working for me.

1. Attaching a doc in Register Arrivals

1. Same doc getting attached to Receipt

Do you have the active check box enabled in OCT rule. Also try test transformation by RMB on the rule. But you would need DB access to get the key value of receipt LU - RECEIPT_SEQUENCE

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hello Amila,

Very strange as I am using the same OCT in my customers environment- and it is active- but it still appears to not be working…

This is the results I get when testing the transformation

Regards

Aisha

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @Aisha Refae 

If you have DB access, then attach a document to a receipt record and query that doc no in DB in doc_reference_object_tab table. Here you can see the value for key column receipt_sequence. Enter that to the test transformation window and test and see if it successfully fetches the source key values (line no, order no and release no)

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @Amila Samarasinghe ,
Have you tried this in IFS Cloud (22R1). I tired the same. But it is not working for me. 

fyi:
setup

I have a document connected in purchase order line.

but it is not copied to the receipt.

can you please help ? 

kind regards,
Yashodha. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @12gYashoP 

I have checked the same rule in 22R1 and it is working for me.

This might be a long shot but can you check the view names for the Lu’s are same as below in object connection window?

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

HI,

Using Apps 10 - Update 12 - Aurena client and this is not working for us. From what I can see it should not need to connection as they (Register Arrivals and Receipt) are both part of the same (ReceiptInfo) LU.

It does not display - even if you click on the link in the Doc Revision.

The link seems to be taking to ‘SOURCE_REF1=P414334^SOURCE_REF2=1^SOURCE_REF3=1^SOURCE_REF_TYPE_DB=PURCHASE_ORDER^’

Is this passing incorrect infomation.

We are due to take UPD16 shortly - could this have been fixed?