Question

Document won`t open from Document Revision (pdf)

• 7 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

Hi Community!

I have a user who is not able to open a document  in view mode from Document Revision.

He is listed as an admin on the document, but when he clicks “View Document”, nothing happens. No error message, nothing.

First, I suspected that it is the browser preventing it - he is using Edge - but he can open the the (PDF) file from another window - called “Document Details”. (Approval Process)

And, he can open it from the Document Revision form when he is in private or incognito mode.

Any idea why this is happening?

Kind regards

Melanie

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Does he have the Aurena Agent installed? If it's not setup against the environment he is using, he might get a "silent error" like this. If the Aurena Agent is installed, he might be able to see an error when hovering with the mouse over the IFS icon in the Windows Tray.

Our technical documentation have information on how to install and trouble shoot the Aurena Agent. By disabling the IFS Aurena Extension from the web browser, he can also disable it easily and see if it solves the problem. Most users want it enabled though.

Badge +3

Hi Mathias, yes. I should`ve mentioned. The Aurena Agent is installed. I will have a look with the user - he`s located in China, so my answer may take a while.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi again,

This page in our technical documentation mentions the scenario I'm talking about:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r2/070_remote_deploy/400_installation_options/040_aurena_agent/installation/#windows_tray_bar_icon

Badge +3

Hi Mathias,

thanks for your help - we we`re able to figure out the reason for the user. There was actually a wrong checkout path under the user settings. It was pointing to a non-existing SharePoint folder. When we updated the checkout path, the document opened up.

Kind regards,

Melanie

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@MelanieSchmiedel 

Thanks for reporting back!