Solved

Document management - External cloud storage

• 26 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello,

We have some issue with our customer regarding Document management deployment.

• Internal database has restricted storage capacity, which is not viable in the long run.
  • FSS solution has a cost per utilization, which is not a possible solution regarding its cost

First, the customer project is the following :

• 1st go-live with an On-premise installation of IFS Cloud
  • Switch from On-premise to IFS Cloud as a service installation
  • Roll-out 6 months later on a IFS as a service installation

In the long run, document storage solution must be compatible with a Cloud installation.

Standard solutions offered by IFS in terms of Document storage does seems not to allow to have client-managed databases in a Cloud installation : e.g. an Azure Storage database owned and managed by the customer, which would be connected to the FSS storage solution.

My questions are the following :

• Can an Azure Storage database owned and managed by the customer be used in a FSS storage solution ? If yes, how is the setup made ? 
  • If the first solution is possible, can we transfer the documents stored in the On premise database/File sharing repositories to the customer-managed FSS repository ?

Thank you

Pierre

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 1 May 2023, 15:39

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

Can an Azure Storage database owned and managed by the customer be used in a FSS storage solution ? If yes, how is the setup made ? 

That is not supported. My guess is it will never be supported in our managed cloud offering. This is my personal thoughts and not an official statement from IFS.

What data volumes are we talking about here? How many document files and what is the total expected size now and how much is it expected to grow every year?

I would have thought that FS (it’s FS, not FSS, we changed the name before it was ever released but it seems some places still refer to it as FSS...) costs would be quite low.