Question

Distribute or Transmit an entire Document Structure

• 19 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Can I somehow Distribute or Transmit an entire Document Structure in IFS Cloud? It looks to me like only the top document is considered in both scenarios (starting from the Document Structure Navigator, using Share/Distribute when focus is on the topmost document in the structure).

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi Toine,

No, there are currently no options for you to do that. It's an area that's lacking, I think and we need to keep working on that.

What's the use case you have?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@Mathias DahlThe prospect wants to be able to establish a contract (document) for a Sub Contract in IFS Cloud. The contract consists of a main document (template with macro) and potentially many attachments (to be selected from a library i.e. already present in IFS DocMan). The entire set of documents must be available for proofreading, commenting and eventually approving/signing by both internal and external parties.

IFS Cloud has many elements of the solution on-board, such as

• Document Structure
  • Document Distribution
  • Document Transmittal
  • Document Approval

I'm trying to find a way to make them all work together.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Thanks! Sounds like a job for transmittals, which you hinted at. The document distribution functionality did never have any way to "physically" transfer any document files. And really, neither did transmittals, but at least you could download a bunch of files to a zip file in IEE (not done in Aurena as I remember it).

Right now you have to hack something together urself, which does not have to be very hard now that we have so many REST APIs to use. Once you find a nice and simple way to authenticate, you can build things like this with not that much effort.

I think I have a script lying around that uses the command like program Curl to call IFS, including authentication.

Of course it would be nice if transmittals had a stronger functionality in IFS Cloud and/or we had some nicer export mechanism for multiple documents, but that's how it is right now.