Solved

Disabling the 'Detach' option in Document management Conditionally

• 19 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

We would like to control the ‘Detach’ option in Document Management. The requirement would be specifically to have few users with the ‘Detach’ capability for specific Document Classes and have the rest of the users in ‘View’ access. 

Further, we would like to control this by window level. We only need the capability of controlling the ‘Detach’ option in the Shop Order window and it should work as expected in other windows. 

When I tried the Access levels in Document Basics it overrides from somewhere. I created a Group with all the users and given access level as ‘View’ for the specific Document Class. Then I included the special person IDs into the Document Class with ‘Admin’ access. This did not work. 

Then I tried to remove the following permission from the allocated permission sets. 

DOC_REFERENCE_OBJECT_API.Remove

Still I could see the Detach RMB option for the user and the user is able to remove the document from the shop order window. 

What would be the approach to have this configured in IFS? 

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 26 October 2023, 11:53

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

If you use Apps 10 and IEE, one option is to lock the document-object connections and then only allow certain users to unlock it (access to the unlock command can be controlled via the user profile). That would not be specific to certain windows though.

The other option is to introduce a custom event with a custom event action that would check the LU name/entity as well as the user that tries to delete the connection, and then either show an error, which will stop the process, or do nothing, which will let the process through.

Good luck!

Badge +2

Thank you Mathias for the reply. 

Please do correct me if I have created the recommended setting:

But I am not sure how to control the unlock command in the user profile section. Could you please share me the steps needs to done?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Thank you Mathias for the reply. 

Please do correct me if I have created the recommended setting:

But I am not sure how to control the unlock command in the user profile section. Could you please share me the steps needs to done?

Looks correct. All new connections will be Locked now, for that class and shop orders.

As for controlling the access to the Lock and Unlock commands, you do that from the properties dialog in IEE.

Badge +2

Hi Mathia,

Apologies for the late response. 

Could you please elaborate more on the steps to follow for controlling access for users? Which properties are you referring to?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Nim0910esh You can nt achieve, what you want to achieve by using this method

“When I tried the Access levels in Document Basics it overrides from somewhere. I created a Group with all the users and given access level as ‘View’ for the specific Document Class. Then I included the special person IDs into the Document Class with ‘Admin’ access. This did not work. “

Document Class access (Admin/ Edit/ View) does not control the attachment pane detach action. Such access limits actions in the Document Revisions.

Check the help for each term to understand the meaning.

Admin Access
If this check box is selected, the person, group or object has administrator access. Users who have administrator access are considered as document administrators. A document administrator can change a status, modify access rights, delete the document revision and add approval routing steps. 

Edit Access
If this check box is selected, the group or person has edit access to the document file. The field can be modified later, except for the responsible person of the document, who will always have edit access. This right grants the receiver permission to edit all editable data (there are non-editable fields like the document keys, status, dates and signatures which can never be altered) on the document revision and also to view, edit and delete the document file. He cannot make any status changes, and no changes of access level or access rights.

View Access
If this check box is selected and this is the only access level specified, the group, person or object has view access to the document file. The field can be modified later. This right grants the receiver permission to view the document data and document file. He cannot do any updates of any fields on the document revision or change access of any kind.

Badge +2

@Buddhika Kurera  

Hope you are well!

Looking at your response, it shows that the ‘detach’ option is excluded from access levels? 

If we are to have control over the ‘Detach’ option, the solution provided from Mathias could be done if we know the after effect by locking the connection status for the specific document class.
Further,  we would like to know how the user controlling should be done to have limited resources able to detach the document. 

We also observed that even without the user control any user could change the ‘Connection Status’ manually from the attachment pane with a simple RMB option available in the standard IFS. 

Once it is selected we receive the following warning message, and we are not 100% sure the content described in the warning message. 

We do not want to have an impact on the document class, document attached, and also to have conflicts among other windows in the system with the DOCMAN functionalities (Standard behaviour should be available for other windows for all the users except for shop order window for specific document classes)