Question

custom event on document management

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 107 replies

is there a way to write custom events on document approvals. We have used objections connections to pull custom approvals for supplier master. i want to write custom event on this document approvals. can anyone share their ideas.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

I think you need to tell us what you want the custom event to do.

If you already have custom events for approvals on other objects you can probably use a very similar one for documents. It works the same way.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

I think you need to tell us what you want the custom event to do.

If you already have custom events for approvals on other objects you can probably use a very similar one for documents. It works the same way.

See basically , we have three levels of approvers getting fetched, level 1 Manager, Level 2 Senior Manager and Level 3 Managing Director. Now there is no control like level  1 Manager can modify the Level 2 by editing Senior Manager name and by pass the approval. Is there a way to stop doing that by not allowing to edit writing a custom event.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Its better to call the approval routing through custom event. In that case end user will not be able edit any approval step and hence it will be mandatory.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@VsoMDjewP  , we are pulling the approvals using custom event only but still unable to control it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Did you able to check the permission set. Coz i have similar setup , but end user cant edit or modify any routing steps 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

yeah that is also fine . But i want additional feature or custom event to enable the last approver to approve on behalf of people below hierarchy.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Document approval through custom event has very limited feature, hierarchy management will not be possible unless you go for modification  

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@VsoMDjewP , when you say modifications do you mean customizations.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

yes

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

But i want additional feature or custom event to enable the last approver to approve on behalf of people below hierarchy.

That will require a customization, as mentioned above.

As for stopping certain users from modifying certain steps, that should be possible to do using a custom event. You need to keep some basic data to control the logic or keep that hard coded in the custom event action code.

Good luck!