Question

Custom column attachments exist Yes/No

• 26 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hi,
I need to add a new custom column to indicate the availability of attachments for each line.
Is it possible to get it through an API call / any suggestions please?
APP 10 Aurena

Same as column "MRB exists Yes/No" need a column "Attachments Exist Yes/No"

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

There is an API (REST) call that Aurena does to count attachments, but I'm not sure if you can use it in your context. To see it, open any page that has attachments enabled and activate Chrome dev tools / Network tab. You will see the call there once you click to open the Documents section.

Badge +2

Hi Mathias,

Thank you very much for the quick answer.

Are there any existing database functions that can be used for this? (Get method)

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Not that I know of but I only made a few quick searches. If we can still define a custom field using a SELECT statement, then you should be able to pull it off. At least to count the number of documents that are directly connected to the document. Also counting documents from Object Connection Transformation rules is hard, or impossible, from a SELECT statement on a custom field.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Suresh,

Maybe you can try the call Doc_Reference_Object_API.Get_Obj_Conn_Client_Hit_Count. As Mathias mentioned you can try this method in a custom field to or create a function to select count and return true or false.

Be sure to provide the correct keyref and luname.

Hope this helps for a starting point.

Regards,

Sahan

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi Suresh,

Maybe you can try the call Doc_Reference_Object_API.Get_Obj_Conn_Client_Hit_Count. As Mathias mentioned you can try this method in a custom field to or create a function to select count and return true or false.

Be sure to provide the correct keyref and luname.

Hope this helps for a starting point.

Regards,

Sahan

Haha! How did I miss that? 😃

Thanks Sahan!