Solved

Configure attachment panel in Aurena client

• 14 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

several customers who use Aurena client in Apps 10 or IFS Cloud ask for the old functionality to configure the attachment panel if it should show icons, lists or details. Of course it is possible to press the button ‘Document Revisions’ to see all the details of all attached documents.

Is it on the roadmap for DocMan to offer a possibilty for getting the table view of all connected documents in the attachment panel? This should not be a big modification and would help all customers who have lot of documents attached.

Best regards

Heinz

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 14 December 2021, 16:04

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

This is on our wish list but I cannot say when it will be done. Not until recently we have got the client framework support to add a list view as well as the current card view.

It might help to get some use cases/scenarios that shows us when it is useful to show a list instead of the card view. What's the task the user tries to do? Why is it easier in a list? Not that we cannot make up scenarios, but it is always good to have real world input on things like these.

Thanks!

/Mathias

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Mathias,

thanks for the very fast reply. I have only 2 customers who use Aurena client for DMS and both asked for it. The problem with existing solution is that it is very confusing if you have lot of documents attached. In some cases the customer has round about 20 documents attached to one object. The card view needs too much space and it’s hard to find the correct document. With a table view it would be much easier.

Best regards

Heinz

Badge +3

I concur with Heinz. Customers often have many documents attached to an object; the card view is an inefficient method to display multiple documents. For customers in the Engineer-to-Order and Projects industry, this is especially true. Not only is the card view very cluttered and inefficient to display information about attached documents, it also lack important data about the document. The most important piece of lacking data is the document class, i.e. ENG101-Assembly Drawing. Without this, there is no way to know what the document actually is. We really need this. The solution in Apps 10--a whole bunch of attribute columns that the user could configure as desired--was ideal. The card-only approach is a step backwards in functionality. I am on site with a Cloud21 customer this week, and when the saw this, the first question they asked was: “How do we know what type of document this is?” (This is, of course, the doc class.). The next thing they wanted to do as attach a bunch of documents - real life for them. They asked me: “Why don’t you display this as a table.”

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

It would also be beneficial to include the create date and time, so the user can tell which documents are the newest or oldest.