Question

Configure attachment pane in Aurena client - part 2

• 16 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

IFS version: Cloud21, R1: There was an earlier topic about the need to configure the attachment pane, so users have the option to use a more space efficient table view. (Similar to in IEE) Hopefully, that is on the development horizon. In the meantime, the card view really needs to display the document class and description. This is essential. Otherwise, there is no way for sure what the doc actually is, except to guess based on the title. A spec, a SOW, a test procedure? As this is a primary key for the doc, it is a must. 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @EDPIUS I think you should re post in the idea section of the community

Share Your Ideas | IFS Community

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi Edwin,

I agree with Amila, please create an idea about this, if you have not already done so.

The reason there is no document class there is most probably that we wanted to keep the card not too big. Possibly it was not possible to fit many fields there initially. It seems we now can have at least two columns in cards, but I am not sure if that was always the case.

We think it is important to have good titles. The number, since it is the main ID, needed to be there too, as well as the revision and file type (the sheet number is left out too, which might be a problem for some customers).

It can be subjective what fields are important to keep in the cards there, and having a list as an alternative will solve that problem in a good way.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

PS. We are working on adding a list view there as well. ETA “soon”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

@Mathias Dahl 

“The reason there is no document class there is most probably that we wanted to keep the card not too big…..We think it is important to have good titles. ”

That is very unfortunate.  We think titles are mostly unimportant in the overall scheme of docman because folks attach files and emails that can be named whatever.  However, we view document class as vital to organizing the documents correctly, especially on the customer order view, so not being able to see the document class is another deficiency for us in moving to Cloud.  In fact, we prevent documents from being attached unless they are the correct class for the object in question (customization)  Another deprecation to add to the list of problems I suppose we have to find a remedy for in order to go live on Cloud.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Thanks for sharing your view in this, it's for sure valuable to us as a data point, together with possibly different views from others.

Adding document class is something that could be considered, of course. If you create an idea for it the chance is higher that it will happen.

Also see my comments on a list view mode.

Thanks!