Solved

Background Job - Archive Media Items

• 19 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I am trying to execute the Archive Media Items background job. According to the technical description and F1-help it is possible to save media items in an Oracle folder (folder within the database server or a folder within the network.). A media archive with the appropriate storage location must be created. This works also so far.
However, when the background job is started, no data is stored in the oracle folder. I assume that the media archive must be assigned to the media item. There is also an extra field (field name = “Media Archive”) for this in the windows "Media Item" and "Media Library Manager". Unfortunately, I do not manage to fill this field in any of those two windows.
Does anyone have an idea how I can get a value into the field "Media Archive" in the windows "Media Item" and/or "Media Library Manager"?

Thank you very much and best regards
Tristan

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 20 April 2022, 19:47

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

Perhaps no media item is old enough to be archived yet? What "age" did you configure? (sorry, I don't remember the name of the setting right now)

Badge +2

Hi Mathias,

thank you very much for your quick answer! There are two parameters:

1. LAST_ACCESS_LIMIT_DAYS = 30 (default)
  2. EXECUTION_PERIOD_MAX_HOURS = 1 (default)

I played a bit with the values (empty, 1, 100, 500, 60000) but nothing worked yet. Most of the available and attached media items were created on April 2021. So they should be old enough?

I also did not find a good description for those two parameters.

Do you have an idea what could be the problem?

Thanks and best regards,

Tristan

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Thanks for that. I agree the media items you have should be old enough, so something is going on here... I don't know what the problem might be though. You would need to "follow the source" and see what happens behind the scenes there. You can try to do that yourself or, if you think this is a problem with the Core product (and try to "do core things" :) ), you can file a support case such that you can get help that way, or find a developer friend that can have a quick look. It should not be terribly hard to find some clues.

Good luck!

Badge +2

Hi Mathias,

thanks for the answer. Then I will create a support case :)

Should be the easiest.

Best Regards

Tristan