Solved

Automatic printed invoice not accessible

• 1 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

Whenever we create project invoice, it seems that IFS generates a PDF that is automatically attached to the invoice object. But we do not understand where this functionality has been set up… 

In the past, we were generating documents in Database repository, and this functionality described above was working fine. Then we switched to FTP repository and since then, it became impossible to retrieve invoices atached automatically after the date of implementation of the ftp (past invoice are still accessible). It seems that IFS keeps creating the invoice in the DataBase, but tries to retrieve them from the FTP, so we get an error message saying the document does not exist on the FTP.

Does anyone face such issues? or know where all of that is set up ?

NB: We do not mind to keep our invoices in the database instead of FTP, but all the other documents must be on FTP due to size issues.

Thanks in advance for your hep !

icon

Best answer by lisvse 3 September 2021, 15:30

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

This could be a bug or a restriction in the invoicing work flow or a bug in Docman, it's hard to say at this point. I recommend that you report it.

Can you see the file on the FTP server in some way?

Thanks!

/Mathias

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks for your feedback and you are probably right, there is a bug.

But my first question would be: is anyone aware where is set up the functionality that automatically attaches an invoice is in PDF to the invoice screen ? (there must be a configuration somewhere to define which doc class to choose by default, what Title to write) In my case the Doc class by Default is INVOICES and Title looks like: “GCA PIN2021000151”

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Is that standard functionality or do you have a modification installed?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

We used a third party, an integrator, to design IFS during the implementation phase. However we sticked to the standard, so we did not develop any exotic types of codes. We used all available functionality in the front end.

When I ask this question to the integrator, they do not remember installing any such functionality and do not find any trace of any codes or modifications… so it seems to be a standard setup.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I’ll ask a colleague about this. I only know Docman well, not invoicing.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

In Company/Invoice/Document Management you set up the Document Class to use for the invoice image that will be connected to the invoice object.

This is what I know around this and hope that is an answer to the question where to set up the document class used.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Oh ! Thanks you !  That seems to be what I’m looking for. from What I read it is related to the e-invoice, and that’s actually something we use. Thanks again.