Question

Aurena onboarding task document attachments

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello, 

I have attached documents to several task definitions in the HCM onboarding. I am able to see them, however, when they are assigned to an employee and they view the tasks, I do not see where the document can be viewed. 

User view:

Task definition view:

When logged in as myself, I can see the attachment option under Onboarding Program Details for that user, but I do not see any documents.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I am not very familiar with the exact setup of the onboarding, but I believe there are 2 parts to your issue:

1. You don’t see the attachments button on the user tasks view
  2. The document attached to the task definition is not visible on Onboarding Program Details 

For the first one, can you check in the Object Connections screen if anything has been set up for the ‘EmpOnboardChecklist’ Logical Unit? This will determine which attachments options are available. For document attachments you should have ‘DocReferenceObject’ set up.

For the second part, this can be managed on the Object Connection Transformations screen. I believe in this case you are looking to move the attachments from the Onboarding Tasks Definitions screen to the Unboarding Program Details and the Employee Onboarding Program screens? In that case you need to define this in the Object Connection Transformation screen, where the source LU would be ‘OnboardChecklistItem’.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@Roel van Zwieten Thank you for the response. I do not have the Transformation setup. I am not sure what the Transformation Method would be. I have never made changes to this screen before, so I am unsure of the syntax that should be used. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@cjohnson 

In case you want to educate yourself, here is the documentation about “OCT”:

https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/22r1/DefineSystemBasics/AboutObjectConnectionTrans.htm?StandAlone=true

It should explain everything you need to set up different OCT rules. Some technical knowledge is required.

Good luck!