Solved

Aurena Agent not working

• 11 March 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

The customer has installed the Aurena Agent successfully and it can be verified from user settings page. Also from the console tab in background page for chrome extension I can see the below line

got message from agent: {"method":"Hello","value":"Hi!","status":"SUCCESS","version":"0.1","guid":"32b83171-5db9-4c85-aa37-851c4c9fa5fa"}

but when I try to view a document nothing happens and not even an error is raised. The last call in the log is below 

got message from agent: {"method":"GetLocalProperty","value":null,"status":"SUCCESS","version":"0.1","guid":"32b83171-5db9-4c85-aa37-851c4c9fa5fa"}

When I compared it with an internal environment, it is missing the DownloadAndOpen method call. 

What could be the reason here? I have attached the log file for further reference

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 14 March 2022, 09:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

Which page do they use to view the document?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Mathias Dahl this is from the document revision window. Without the agent the file is downloaded successfully. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi Amila,

I found something in the log there. All of the GetLocalProperty calls came back empty. These are calls to get important values from the Windows Registry. So I tested by removing all the values from my registry (actually, I just renamed the Settings "folder" there), and I could recreate the problem. To fix it, I just used the User Settings dialog and toggled the bottom setting a few times, clicking OK in between. This will save new values to the registry.

Can you have them try this and see if it resolves the problem? For sure, this is a bug, we should fall back on default values when there are none in the registry, or show an error. I think you already have a case for us on this.

By the way, to make the logs even more useful, the next time make sure to expand some of the values that are output there. For example, here I expanded the message that is sent to the agent, and we can clearly see all values:

Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Please note that, This is already reported to RnD for a correction.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Did the simple workaround above work?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Mathias Dahl ,

That Worked for the customer. But they asked for permanent solution. That will handle from already bug to RnD

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nipun

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Thanks for letting us know.

I know there is a bug on sending e-mails reported but is there also one for this scenario (viewing)?