Solved

Attaching a PDF report to another object

• 28 May 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

Hi Team,

I'm hoping to connect customer invoice PDF document back to customer order.

Following is the report rule :

and following are the actions:

When I invoiced customer order, it does not create any record at 'Report rule log' page and same time there is no error in Print manager as well.

Could anyone here suggest, what are the changes should be made to actions?

Cloud version 22R2

icon

Best answer by EqeRobertK 31 May 2023, 09:43

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Not sure if this is the reason, but you should know that we only support the Database repository in Docman when using that feature.

Badge +2

Thanks a lot @Mathias Dahl   for your input.

I have selected the database repository type as follows:

Then set it as the document class in report rule as well

Now when I create a customer invoice, even it creates a document revision , it is not getting attach to customer order. 

Report log:

Are there more setup to made for repository by any chance well ? or to the report rule or is there any issue with SQL code used ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

According to the report rule logs it looks like that condition for the rule is not evaluating to true. Therefore, the actions are not executed. Check the condition or remove the condition in rule 80 and check again.

Regards,

Chanaka

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@Tharani Ariyawansa Is the PDF checked in against the document revision that's created?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Tharani Ariyawansa ,

Can you use this with the following in the KeyRef:

[@CUSTOMER_ORDER_IVC_REP/ORDER_NO]^

So it looks like this:

Hope this will solve it

Badge +2

Thank you very much @EqeRobertK , it finally worked🙂.

At the same time, will you be able to let me know the logic behind adding ^ end of KeyRef ? any other conditions/Parameters which should be aware when such rules are defined.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Thank you very much @EqeRobertK , it finally worked🙂.

At the same time, will you be able to let me know the logic behind adding ^ end of KeyRef ? any other conditions/Parameters which should be aware when such rules are defined.

Key refs should end with ^ to be complete. What I don't understand is that you get almost all of the key ref added by referring to a field in the report called Order No. Then again, I'm working very little with reports... 🙃