Are there any setting to not move objects from an old revision to new one?

Badge +4

For example, I have  a document. In this revision there are 2 objects, which one of them is from revision 1 and the next one is attached in revision2. I am going to create a new revision and I want nobody to be able to choose which objects will be moved to a new revision  for a special document class.( somehow a fix set up for a special document class). Is there any special setting in document class management?

I changed the setting in the DB column ”KEEP_LAST_DOC_REV” in Document Class Management, but I don’t see any special change in to the process of creating a new revision.

It would be great to hear from you.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

It sounds like you should read up on the documentation on how the Update Revision attribute works, on document connections. It gets its value from the KEEP_LAST_DOC_REVISION document default value, that you have changed. In your case you want to set the value to Fixed (or F, in the default value). Did you try this? If you did, can you explain what happened and what you expected to happen? Screenshots might help explain your problem.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

hi  @Mathias Dahl 
I would like to know what are thh possible value for

Keep Last Doc Rev in Document Default Values ?  Default Values is F for Fixed .
We would like to set Latest Released Rev insteed of Fixed

Thanks

Regard

DB Column

Object

Document Default Value

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @Djedai 

That should be documented. Have a look in the documentation and let us know if you cannot find it.