Solved

Adding images to Media Library with Media Print Option = Print

• 24 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Where can we configure that an image, added to the Media Library, automatically get ‘Media Print Option’ set to ‘Print’?

When we add images to ‘Routing Operation Work Guidelines’, all images are added with ‘Media Print Option’ set to ‘Do Not Print’ - we need to manually toggle this to Print for each image added.

However, when adding images to a Non Conformance Report, then the images are added with ‘Media Print Option’ automatically set to ‘Print’.

I haven’t been able to find any configuration for this.

There are no problems printing the images on the Work instruction when the Media Print Option have been toggled to Print.

icon

Best answer by Mayura Wasantha 26 August 2022, 10:49

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

As far as I know there is no way to configure this, but you should be able to do it with a custom event + custom event action. I don't have a recipe for you though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I can assure on Mathias’s answer. There is no way to configure it right now. But I wonder how you experienced this work good with “Non Conformance Report” .since  it is being defaulted to “ Do Not Print” in the code. 

Hence it is applicable to all business objects including “Non Conformance Report”.

I tested this in IFS Cloud.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I don’t know how it can be set to ‘Print’ if it is defaulted to ‘Do Not Print’ in the code… mystery

The only thing I can think of is that someone, before I joined the company, made a modification to the code … And that part hasn’t been updated since. We don’t have any custom modifications to any functions.

I can’t find any custom event/actions that is doing anything in this area.

We run v10 update 15.

Which function is setting the value, I could have a look in the function and see what our value is.