Question

23R1 Report rule Check In To Document Management

• 8 September 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

We are using report rule Check in to document management. This worked fine in 21R2. We recently upgraded to 23R1 and it is no longer working. 
Is anyone else having issues with this in 23R1 SU1?

I also set up a test in demo env, where it is also not working. Please let me know if anyone else has run into this in 23R1.

https://j9s7r5g-dev1.build.ifsdemoworld.com/

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @Malin Norgren 

What is the repository type you are using? Check in to docman rule only works for database repository 

BR

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

It is Database. This worked before we upgraded to 23R1, from 21R2. It is not working anymore. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Any errors? Any sign of anything happening? Since it's the report rule engine that calls Docman to do the archiving, any error should be looked for in the reporting side.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I attached a doc where i have more details. Which logs other than what the report rule log, logs, should i look into? Any of the pods logs? Or the DevTools? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I attached a doc where i have more details. Which logs other than what the report rule log, logs, should i look into? Any of the pods logs? Or the DevTools? 

Thanks, I think you should report this and get the reporting support team have a look at this. I agree, the output in the log is ... strange.

Badge +2

@Malin Norgren Did you find a resolution to this issue?  We are having the same problem with (some of) or documents as well since upgrading from 22r1 to 23r1.  Similar rule setup, similar report rule log output (complete with xx%3DDocumentClass reference even)...and document does not get checked in.  Any wisdom you might be able to share?  Must be a byproduct of 23r1...but can’t find the missing link.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I remember when we were in 23R1 that we had an issue that if we used a custom attribute from the report schema in the action details, the custom attribute would never be given a value. For example we used a custom attribute in the KeyRef and the report rule didn’t do anything even if in the logs it was saying that it was executed.

Upgrading to 23R2 solved the issue for us.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@Malin Norgren Did you find a resolution to this issue?  We are having the same problem with (some of) or documents as well since upgrading from 22r1 to 23r1.  Similar rule setup, similar report rule log output (complete with xx%3DDocumentClass reference even)...and document does not get checked in.  Any wisdom you might be able to share?  Must be a byproduct of 23r1...but can’t find the missing link.

If it works for some documents (does that mean reports?) and not others, you have a chance to find out what is causing the problem by closely looking at the differences between each. Can you try to make both scenarios as similar as possible, or even the same, and then add back the differences? That is, classic problem solving 🙂