Skip to main content
Question

What type of part is needed to see via B2B Products

• 1 April 2022
  • 6 replies

Within IFS21R2 new functionality becomes available for presenting a product assortment.

When I use non-inventory sales parts only I don't see the parts.

Are they to be configured in a certain way or are only inventory sales parts allowed/shown via the B2B portal?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I did the following:

1. Prepared a part assortment
  2. Connected a sales inventory and non-inventory sales part
  3. B2B customer
  4. Connected the B2B customer to the assortment
  5. Connected a user to the B2B customer
  6. Checked the portal: no products to see
  7. Purchased the inventory part
  8. Received the quantity purchased in stock
  9. Checked the portal: no products to see

Any idea how to link the parts to the portal so they can be selected?

Regards,

Steve

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

did you @eqbstal get any answer to this question? I’m trying to find out how B2B products / parts and their visibility is managed in IFS Cloud?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

@AveTonitM No, also no PM or something along that line. We are working for a customer with IFS24R1 in test environment. Think, need to find some time, that I will test the scenario again and let you know (there is no real requirement of the customer at this moment).

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

@AveTonitM Pushed some time in the setup in a 24R1 environment. Now I don't even see the assortment coming back in the B2B portal when logged in as the B2B user. Maybe out of security reasons. When logged in I only see:

Order management leads to a lobby page. For now I don't have time to push into this.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

While testing I noticed that the B2B portal ‘products’ page show only parts that exist on the site which is set as the user ‘default site’. Parts that exists on other sites (that the user has rights for) are filtered. I’m not using assortments when I found out this special filtering

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@AveTonitM Pushed some time in the setup in a 24R1 environment. Now I don't even see the assortment coming back in the B2B portal when logged in as the B2B user. Maybe out of security reasons. When logged in I only see:

Order management leads to a lobby page. For now I don't have time to push into this.

I got the sales parts visible as “products” for the B2B portal customer user. One needs to define a assortment, connect sales parts to it and activate the assortment.

Then in “Storefront Manager” page I connected the assortment to the customer. One has the option to limit the B2B offering to include only the defined assortments

After this the B2B user can see the assortment sales parts in the B2B portal “products” page. Assortments are translated to Product Categories