Question

Tax code error message on the Sales Quotation creation from the Business Opportunity

• 15 December 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi IFS Community,

There is a tax error message when we create a Sales Quotation from the Business Opportunity with a Prospect account.

This is because the tax tab was not configured at the address, but there is no error message when you create a Sales Quotation from the page “Account - CRM”.

We don’t want any error message for a Prospect account. Maybe this problem was fixed on the function from “Account - CRM" page but not from “Business Opportunity” page.

Create Sales Quotation page assistant is diffrerent between “Account - CRM” and “Business Opportunity”.

Can this problem be solved on the Business Opportunity?

Create Sales Quotation assistant from Business Opportunity:

Error message:

Create Sales Quotation assistant from Account CRM:

IFS Aurena client version: 22.2.2

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

sorry there is an error on the first screenshot.
Create Sales Quotation assistant from Business Opportunity (different form from the Account CRM function):

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello,

Correct me if I am wrong, but when a sales quotation is created from the page “Account - CRM”, only the header of sales quotation is created, no ales quotation lines are created. It is why there are no error message.

But then if you add a line in the sales quotation, you will get the error message.

On the other hand when a sales quotation is created for an opportunity with an existing opportunity line, then Ifs is trying to create a sales quotation line. But Ifs can’t because of the missing tax code, so the error message is thrown. 

Please not no error should be thrown if you create a sales quotation from a business opportunity without any opportunity line :-)

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello @XAIVFR,

thanks for your explanation, you’re probably right.

You think I need to create a new topic to remove any error message on the Sales Quotation lines?

We should have an option to create a quotation even if Prospect settings are not correctly filled in (it’s a Prospect, salesman need to create Sales Quotation without delivery tax information… this kind of information will be inform by Sales Administration when we need to create the Customer Order).

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Maybe a good suggestion is to have more detailed parameters in Tax control (General) tab in the company page.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@XAIVFR, I agree with you.
This was my first request on IFS support case (see attachment).

“The Delivery Tax Information should perhaps be added on the CRM Account view or we should have an option to create a quotation without taxes information (Delivery Tax Information are important for the customer order, not really for the Sales Quotation).”

“Customer” page will permit to change tax information, but it’s not possible with the “Account - CRM” page designed for sales.

So Salespeople are forced to go on Customer page to add Tax information before create a Sales Quotation, it doen’t make sense.

I don’t understand why IFS Support did not take my request seriously, this issue has really degraded the user experience (Salespeople doesn’t want to be block with ERP information).

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Understood, but normally decisions for Tax set-up are handled by Finance team. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Yes it’s the same result, Sales team don’t care about that.

Where I work Customer Tax information are filled in by Sales Administration team with instructions from Finance department.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

No one have this problem?
@XAIVFR tax set-up are handled by Finance team mean sales team need to wait before to create a sales quotation?

How can we do if salespeople need to create a new prospect and the quotation forme the opportunity at the same time?

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello,

I think it is a question to be seen with the internal organization of the customer, and communication between Sales and Finance teams :-)