Question

Question regarding automatic creation of pick lists for customer orders

• 11 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello,

I was wondering how one would trigger the creation of a pick list for customer order that appears on the "Create Pick List for Customer Order" screen, whenever the customer order's Earliest Planned Due Date is 3 days away?

Right now I have a database task scheduled that runs every 2 minutes, checked for orders to automatically create into Pick Lists for Customer orders, but this does not work for Customer orders with Supply Code Purch Ord Trans, and I am not sure how to make sure it only triggers orders 3 days out.

I also want to know how you would trigger the same database task but for the customer order lines of Supply code “Purch Ord Trans”. Currently, that supply code should indicate that we need to place a purchase order for those parts, but even when we get those items in stock, the scheduled database task does not create the pick list, it just sits in the “Create pick list for customer order” screen. Why is this not triggered by the database task? There are no parameters preventing it from being created 

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @bdoucette ,

You can use the below parameters to create the picklist for the customer order lines with the due date in next 3 days ( I have used 8 days in my example)

I have check the ‘Create Consolidation Picklist for Customer Orders’ with the supply code Purch Ord Transit and picklist are getting created accordingly & Printed. There are no such restriction in the system to not to create picklist for this supply code. I have run the job with below parameter in Cloud 22R1 and I have received the connected purchase order.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi Mithun,

Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly. 

I have a question about the SYSDATE. Is that going to print the pick list 8 days from the current time? Or from the Due_Date of the order?

Also thank you for the additional information regarding the Supply Code “Purch Ord Trans”. I am not sure why ours are not getting printed. Here is what my scheduled database task currently looks like

Thanks,
Bryan

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @bdoucette ,

SYSDATE + 8 indicates that system will picklist for those customer order lines which are having the planned due date  until 19/04/2023 ( Here SYSDATE is 11/04/2023)

For customer order lines with supply code as Purch Ord Trans, could you please the following things 

1. check the planned due date falls within the date range specified in your schedule.
  2. check the back order option of the customer order. This has impact on automatic picklist creation

The only difference I can see between the parameter I used and yours is that I am consolidating picklist based on warehouse and yours is based on Order.

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi Bryan,

Please change the backorder option to 'Allow Incomplete Lines & Packages' and try to generate the consolidate picklist. When you use No Partial Deliveries allowed, then system stop automatic picklist creation if all the lines of the customer orders are not fully reserved.

Below is the my schedule job parameter. I had 2 customer order lines one with supply code Purch Ord Trans and one with Invent Ord both had the plan due date on 18/04/2023. Picklist created for both the lines & printed.

Regards,

Mithun K V