Question

How do we determine where order is pegged?

• 18 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Recently implemented to IFS Apps 9.  Have orders being entered from our webstore.  Some of the orders are pegging the line items, but am unsure how to determine where.  They are Inventory parts, and pegged, but not to a Shop, Service or Work Order.  Can anyone point me to where we might determine where this order is pegged and unpeg it to continue to process.  We are unable to unpeg or cancel the line.

Thanks 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

When you RMB on the customer order line and go to Supply Chain Order Analysis, what do you see, this is one way to see the chain of order connections both above and below this order if that is the case.

You can also use Supply/Service Objects and the item that is pegged should be highlighted so you can view the supply side.

What is the Supply Code on the Customer Order Line?  If it is Invent Order, then I’m pretty sure the only pegging method that is going to occur is a manual one.  Meaning someone is pegging the customer order line to a PO or SO somewhere.

What is the Sourcing Option on the Sales Part?  This will drive the default Supply Code on the Customer Order Line.

When you say you can’t Unpeg….you’ve tried using the Unpeg RMB and it won’t disconnect?  If so, you should get a Warning or Error explaining why.  What is the message?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Thanks for your questions!

Supply Code is Invent Order

Upon Right Click:

• Supply Chain Analysis is unavailable
  • Unpeg is unavailable
  • Manual Pegging is available but when I go to that screen, I’m unable to  Change Pegged quantity, as the table is blank on both the Purch Order and Shop Order (Neither of which this line item is.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Well that is interesting….but the Pegged quantity column shows the customer order line has a pegged quantity?

When you attempt to cancel the line, what is the exact error you get?  Does it just say you can’t because it is pegged or is there any more detail?

This may require debugging to see what is going on.  I’ve not run across where it shows pegged but you can’t see the source of it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Error message when trying to cancel the line:

There are manual peggings connected to customer order line 3-1. Remove the pegging first, then cancel the customer order line.  

The manual pegging screen shows nothing pegged to Purch Order or Shop Order.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

OK thanks for that as it is very specific and clear then.

If you go to Manual Pegging of Customer Order Line and search for the Customer Order directly - not linking from the customer order - can you find the order there?  

I’m starting to wonder if there are permission issues that are preventing you from seeing the pegged object. 

There are two other overviews to try:

Pegged Manufactured Customer Order Lines

Pegged Purchased Customer Order Lines

I’m not able to recreate your condition, so I’m running out of suggestions for you to try.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

HI @HAYLEY.WILLIAMS ,

Please check the demand code of the customer order line. Most probably I think it will be Purch Order. If there’s a demand code, demand order ref will be there in that column. Go to that demand order (e.g. Purchase order) and RMB on the respective line and try unpegging from that.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @HAYLEY.WILLIAMS , did you manage to get this solved? We are facing the exact same issue.