Question

Attachments from CRM Panel to Business Mail in IFS Cloud

• 3 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hello

We are attempting to use the CRM Panel to create business opportunities and business mails from incoming emails. Right now, the business mails are creating, but attachments are not flowing from outlook to IFS. I checked my CRM/SRM Panel Settings and i have SAVE_EMAIL_BODY set to TRUE and SKIP_ATTACHMENTS set to FALSE. I dont receive any errors when creating the business mail, it just doesnt attach anything. Any tips?

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @mdezzi , 

Did you find a solution for this? If not can you please provide more info here?

1. What is the cloud version?
  2. What type of attachments you try to save here? are they valid extensions in docman side?
  3. Do you use exchange online or exchange on-premise as your exchange server?
  4. which operation are you trying to do here? “Save to CRM”? did you get a notification with an error? (notification will be shown closer to mail subject)
  5. You can try the similar operation in a different way and easy to check logs from following method.
    1. Take a new mail with attachments (which you haven’t created a business mail)
    2. Enable logging in setting dialog of Panel
    3. Then go to details page of a registered contact in CRM Panel.  (make sure this contact has activity records or opportunity records in details page).
    4. Expand activity record or opportunity record and then click paper clip icon.
    5. This will make sure to create business mail and connect the activity/opportunity record to it and also attachments should be added.
    6. Copy the logging info in details page and attach here.

Best regards,

Masheesh

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hello Masheesh, 

I’m having the same issue with a customer:

1. Cloud version 23.1.10
  2. Simple .docx files which are valid file types
  3. Online
  4. Save to CRM. Yes it errors the first time, but then when Clicking again it saves the mail properly (the doc class has been defined correctly) - please see screenshots below

Best regards,

Eric

Userlevel 1
Badge +5
this has been defined too, that’s why I’m unsure why it comes up with the error initially when saving the files

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hello,

I have fixed it myself, I cross-checked with a demo environment and realised the only thing missing was the Format into the Doc Defaults per Object.

Kind regards,

Eric