Question

Updating custom fields via migration job

• 25 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I need to update update a custom field in Inventory_part_cfv at the same time as creating the Inventory part.

Under method list, I specified Inventory_part_cfp.CF_New__ and it's of type Migrate Source data that fetches information from an IC table.

I am assuming that's not enough because it doesn't update it and throws an error stating ROWKEY cannot be null.

What other steps are needed? 

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Please help!!!!

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @signils 

if you want to migrate standard inventory part including a custom field for this logical unit you need to enter two methods in your migration job. It looks like this (example from customer):

Since the Custom Field View (%_CFV) contains all fields of the “usual” View, they are generated in the Source Mapping. It is highly recommended to delete these fields for better visibility.
All fields beginning with CF$ are the Custom Fields and must remain in the Source Mapping. In addition, all fields which start with METHOD will remain. These are the parameters for the transfer of Custom Field Packages (%_CFP.Cf_New__).

​​​​​​

Then Edit the attributes of the new method.

It is implicitly necessary to delete all fields, which were generated by adding the View. These fields cannot be handled by this procedure (see red marked box). The fields beginning witch CF$ should remain as they are the Custom Fields. All fields after INFO_ remain, they are the transfer parameters of the procedure.

Additionally, OBJID_ must be mapped to OBJID_@10 via Fix Value. The syntax must be followed exactly. With this command the OBJID of the previous Method 10 (CUST_ORD_CUSTOMER_ADDRESS) is transferred to the procedure. With OBJID the unique dataset is identified. The command ATTR_ is necessary to initiate the structure of the attribute-string.

BR
Martina

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Believe if you follow the steps mentioned in the documentation, you should be able to get it to work. 😀 

It takes some extra steps in the Method List Attributes.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r1/030_administration/050_data_management/050_data_migration/070_references/010_data_migration_in_custom/010_custom_fields/

Badge +1

Thanks for the solution this helped me very much.

Just one remark to other users this solution is for uploading new records with custom fields. If you have another scenario (like I had, update current records with new custom fields) please check this page :

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r1/030_administration/050_data_management/050_data_migration/070_references/010_data_migration_in_custom/010_custom_fields/

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi 

if you want to migrate standard inventory part including a custom field for this logical unit you need to enter two methods in your migration job. It looks like this (example from customer):

BR
Martina

Great instruction helped a lot with my migration job which contains CF's. Thanks