Unable to migrate Part Serial Catalog

• 3 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to migrate the view "PART_SERIAL_CATALOG" which holds the history data for the inventory parts in stock.

My approach was to first create a temporary table with a .csv file and then migrate the source data. the second step isn't working, I'm getting the error: "ORA-20132: PartSerialCatalog.NOTHANDLED2: Operation "" is not allowed for Part Serial Catalog objects in state "". 

There's no problem migrating the inventory parts in stock, but they can't be used if the Part Serial Catalog is not available.

Can anyone help me with this error?

I'm grateful for any help, thanks in advance!

Kind regards.

Joshua

ps: here you can find a Screenshot of the File Mapping for the migrate source data Migration Job

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

It seems like it is not possible to use the New__ method for this LU. Instead there are several types of new methods used to create new lines in this LU depending on which status the serial has:

You need to use one/some of those methods instead.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Now I read the initial post properly.
Are you migrating data directly into InventoryPartInStock?
If so, I would not recommend that. Quantity in stock could be migrated with other methods so that you get a proper inventory value etc.

Userlevel 1
Badge

If so, I would not recommend that. Quantity in stock could be migrated with other methods so that you get a proper inventory value etc.

Thank you for your reply, Thomas,

What method would you recommend for migrating serial parts?

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I also would be interested in the other solutions, as we as well had issues to migrate Inventory Part in Stock at an upgrade.

Somehow there is no solution, not that I know of.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

To migrate qty in stock I would suggest using the methods behind the window “Receive Inventory Part”.

It first uses some method in Temporary_Part_Cost_Detail_API  I beleive, (might be Add_Details) to create the cost details for the part the first time.

Then it use Inventory_Part_In_Stock_API.Receive_Part_With_Posting to do the receipt into inventory. You send in the cost_detail_id_ created in the first method to this one. 

You get an NREC transaction and usually when doing a migration you want the migrated amounts into specific accounts so you temporarily change the posting control for the posting types involved in the NREC transaction to fit the migration.

Unfortunately I do not have an example of how it is used exactly but I normally write a PL/SQL script for this.