Solved

Trace_Sys.Message: where does it show up?

• 21 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Friends!

I have a simple question (I guess) related to tracing…

If I have a call to the Trace_Sys.Message inside a Custom Event Action. How can I see it?

icon

Best answer by Nirogini Janstin 22 February 2024, 03:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi, you can see the Trace_Sys.Message messages on the debug console. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @Nirogini Janstin , thanks for your reply.

I notice you response is pointing to the Debug Console in Aurena. Is it also possible to see it in IEE? the reason I ask you is because I created a test using an Event Action that should be triggered by the Migration Toolkit (which is part of IEE functionality but is not available in Aurena).

What I did was this

Step #1: Created an Event 

I created an event that is triggered upon new entries on MIGRATION_LOAD_RESULTS_TAB. This table (MIGRATION_LOAD_RESULTS_TAB) holds one entry per Load of Container information. In other words every time I load a container into IFS, a new row gets added

Step #2: Created the Event Action

I Created a new action. A very simple one. To test the triggering of the event.

It just writes an entry using Trace_Sys.Message();

Step #3: Load one container

I loaded one container...

... and verified that this load generated an entry in the MIGRATION_LOAD_RESULTS table

As a result of this test, an Event must have triggered and the Trace_Sys.Message(); executed. Yet, when I look at the Debugger, I see this Load Container generated 228 entries. Each of the 228 entries has dozens and dozens of lines in the Server Trace tab!

Then the question remains. How do I find that needle in a heystack (my message) to confirm the event action took place and the message was written somewhere?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Never mind. I found it buried among all those messages. 

I also noticed that there is a way to dump the trace entries into a folder on my local drive, which will make searching for a specific message much easier!

Thanks for all your help @Nirogini Janstin !