Solved

Problem to create target table definition

• 21 July 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello everyone,
When I want to create Target Table Definition in Smart Data Manager, I have this error when I select the option: "From Template Project":

On the other hand, no problem with the "Master Environment" option.

Did I forget something in my project settings? 

For your information, I made all the elements I was interested in "In Scope" in the "Migration object scope" tab.

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Makede 21 July 2022, 17:38

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @TheoB 

the reason for the error message when you choose “from template” is that in your template project you use the target tables are not generated. Therefore, there is nothing to generate based on the template.
In general our suggestion is to use “from master” since your master environment has the latest status of field information (e.g. including programmed fields from customization and custom fields). Those would be missing when you choose “from master”

Best regards
Martina

Badge

Essentially the source table is the place where the data is coming from and the target table is the place where the data is going to or the table that an action is taking place on. They do not have to be in different schema's or have a different structure to each other and in fact they could actually be the same table.