Question

ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ("IFSAPP"."PART_CATALOG_CFT"."ROWKEY")

• 1 February 2023
  • 5 replies

• Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 3 replies

Hello,

while creating a new migration job with custom fields, I have this error come up:
ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ("IFSAPP"."PART_CATALOG_CFT"."ROWKEY")

I am seeing if anyone can help me troubleshoot. I cannot see any reference to “PART_CATALOG_CFT”…

5 replies

Userlevel 7

PART_CATALOG_CFT is the custom table that holds the custom fields, and the link between that and the PART_CATALOG_TAB is the rowkey (objkey in the view). You need to have the PART_CATALOG_API in your method list when you’re creating new part records, and then refer to the OBJID from that method in the PART_CATALOG_CFP method list attribute. You can read more about how it works here → 
https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/040_administration/260_data_management/050_data_migration/003_data_migration_in_custom_objects/080_custom_fields/default.htm

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @ynwkm .

Yes, there is a good foundation documentation about tips and tricks available as @anmise already mentioned.

If you’re not so familiar about data migration at IFS then I recommend to order a training, e.g. TAA3P, where you’ll get much more information about this topic.

/Jens

Badge +3

H,

I have faced a similar issue.

Any ideas on this?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @Vinoy Heshan 

it would be fine if you could provide some screenshots of your migration job please. 

→ Formatting, Source Mapping, Method List and Method List Attribute

/Jens

Badge +3

Hi Jens,

Thanks for the prompt response, the issue is solved. The culprit was an integration during invoicing fee lines. Thanks you

/Heshan