Question

Migration not working PURCHASE_PART_SUPPLIER

Badge +1
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 0 replies

HI,

I’m trying to update PURCHASE_PART_SUPPLIER.LIST_PRICE with a migration job. Everything looks fine when running the job, but nothing is updated. 

Start time - 24-MAY-2022 11:23:36   010_050_010_PRICE_M

Created select  :  

FROM IFSAPP.IC_010_050_010_PRICE_F_TAB

10 PURCHASE_PART_SUPPLIER_API 
       Updated rows  : 9  

READ ONLY GRANTS FOR IFSINFO 

9 rows selected 
       0 rows failed 

Used 0 hours and 0 minutes 
Average of  540 rows per minute 

End time - 24-MAY-2022 11:23:36   010_050_010_PRICE_M 

Any suggestion?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi,

it’s a bit difficult to give an answer without seeing the migration job.

I just created a small migration job where the source name and target view name is the same → PURCHASE_PART_SUPPLIER and I selected only 1 record to update the columns LIST_PRICE and LIST_PRICE_INCL_TAX.

I deleted all unnecessary  columns in the mapping.

Result after execution only for one record:

Probably the wrong SITE selected in the client?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

What kind of method you are using  “insert new records “ or insert or update , if later then you need to check the settings properly.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I recommend to create 2 migration jobs:

1. To load the new prices based on a csv-file in a "temporary" IC_- Oracle table using the procedure name "CREATE_TABLE_FROM_FILE" in the migration tool
2. To migrate/update the prices based on the "temporary" loaded IC_ - Oracle table (Source name) using the procedure name "MIGRATE_SOURCE_DATA" in the migration tool. Target view name is PURCHASE_PART_SUPPLIER.

I don't recommend to use the procedure name "INSERT_BY_METHOD_NEW" (because we want to UPDATE existing records) or "INSERT_OR_UPDATE". With the combination of 2 migration jobs using "CREATE_TABLE_FROM_FILE" and "MIGRATE_SOURCE_DATA" you have more flexibility and possibilities in the data migration area.

Please have a look into the attachment regarding a simple example how to handle this topic. You have to adapt this example to your requirement of course but the approach is the same.