Question

Migration Job for Functional Object Testpoints and Parameters

• 11 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi,

I am trying to run a migration job to import a large number of test points and parameters on functional objects. I am experiencing two issues:

1. Testpoints: for some reason I cannot migrate into the custom fields I have set up on Testpoints (EQUIPMENT_OBJECT_TEST_PNT). Any idea’s why the migration job will not let me migrate into my persistent custom fields?

2. Parameters: When I run the second method of my migration job (EQUIP_OBJ_PARAM), it updates the Parameter for the Default testpoint not my newly created Testpoint. Anyone had a similar issue or has a solution?

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks,
Harry

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @hburkett

regarding the migration of custom fields please have a look into the Technical Documentation for IFS Applications 10:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/040_administration/260_data_management/050_data_migration/003_data_migration_in_custom_objects/

I suppose your second topic is related to the field TEST_PNT_SEQ of the db view  EQUIP_OBJ_PARAM.

The issue in that case is that you are not aware of the value for TEST_PNT_SEQ because this will be generated by the system and if you want to do an update it will not find your existing record.

My recommendation is (we call it a key manipulation):

• go to the tab “Method List”
  • RMB on the line with the view EQUIP_OBJ_PARAM
  • Change the flag for TEST_PNT_SEQ from “K” to “-” (minus sign)
  • Now we need another unique primary key because at the moment we only have the field PARAMETER_CODE defined as a keyfield (Flag: K)
  • Change the flags for the fields CONTRACT, MCH_CODE, TEST_POINT_ID also to “K”
  • Execute your migration job again and have a look if your record will be updated now.
  • Possibly you have to change the flags for some other fields to “K” as well, e.g. UNIT_CODE, but let’s start with the mentioned fields first

/Jens