Skip to main content
Question

Migrate open supplier invoices from 7.5 to 23R1

• 16 July 2024
  • 7 replies

Hello, 
I want to migrate my posted supplier invoices from 7.5 to the cloud version.

To avoid double accounting of expenses, the expense postings must be replaced by an extra-accounting account,

Is there any way of doing this migration that takes this requirement into account? What tools do you recommend for this migration?

Best regards

Hi, 

I’ve migrated open AP invoices dozens of times.  As you write, the expenses are already posted in GL. So is the AP side (assume account Y). 

What I typically do, is create your external supplier invoices to account X (some balance sheet account). 

When you load the trial balance values for AP rather than enter this for account Y (the real AP trade account (IP1) load this to account X. 

Then when you process the external invoices account X is cleared - creating values in account Y (true AP Trade).    Then any balance (after migration) in account X represents the difference that could occur due to migration. Normally account X balance is 0, however if anything does not match, you can have a value in X.  

The process assures no P&L impact, but also ensure the AP Trade account balances based on the invoices you load. 

Best regards, 

Thomas 

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for your reponse.

What about the VAT related to these invoices ? Do you use a “no tax” tax code ? In case if the VAT has been already reported before the migration

Best regards

Hi, 

That needs to be a conversation with the client.   In an ideal world, these invoices would have already been tax reported. Or reported from the old system. 

Hello, 

Thank you Thomas, 

My client is not really clear in his reponses, but for the accounting scheme 

i would have 

Sales  for 100 credit

Reported tax amount 20 credit

Customer 120 debit

For these 20 should it use a non-tax amount ? Because I guess i would need this 20 amount for my accountig voucher to be balanced

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

The invoice needs to balance3, and the full 120 needs to be paid. 

Yes,

I agree but should I use a tax account for the 20 even if already reported ? 

Can you show me an example of what you import of an invoice that has tax that is already reported ?

Best regards.

Hi, 

Every country has legal requirements as how to handle tax / vat.   They can be different. 

Like I wrote previously, my suggestion would be to ask the client / work with the client as to what you need to do. 

IFS can easily manage a 0 tax rate.   Assuming this is simply a test, you may be able to use a tax code with 0 rate.  But again, what tax code, and is this compliant with all regulations for your client /. country?  That’s why it should be discussed with your client. 

Best Regards, 

Thomas