Skip to main content
Question

Migrate open supplier invoices from 7.5 to 23R1

• 16 July 2024
  • 7 replies

Hello, 
I want to migrate my posted supplier invoices from 7.5 to the cloud version.

To avoid double accounting of expenses, the expense postings must be replaced by an extra-accounting account,

Is there any way of doing this migration that takes this requirement into account? What tools do you recommend for this migration?

Best regards

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I’ve migrated open AP invoices dozens of times.  As you write, the expenses are already posted in GL. So is the AP side (assume account Y). 

What I typically do, is create your external supplier invoices to account X (some balance sheet account). 

When you load the trial balance values for AP rather than enter this for account Y (the real AP trade account (IP1) load this to account X. 

Then when you process the external invoices account X is cleared - creating values in account Y (true AP Trade).    Then any balance (after migration) in account X represents the difference that could occur due to migration. Normally account X balance is 0, however if anything does not match, you can have a value in X.  

The process assures no P&L impact, but also ensure the AP Trade account balances based on the invoices you load. 

Best regards, 

Thomas 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for your reponse.

What about the VAT related to these invoices ? Do you use a “no tax” tax code ? In case if the VAT has been already reported before the migration

Best regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

That needs to be a conversation with the client.   In an ideal world, these invoices would have already been tax reported. Or reported from the old system. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hello, 

Thank you Thomas, 

My client is not really clear in his reponses, but for the accounting scheme 

i would have 

Sales  for 100 credit

Reported tax amount 20 credit

Customer 120 debit

For these 20 should it use a non-tax amount ? Because I guess i would need this 20 amount for my accountig voucher to be balanced

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

The invoice needs to balance3, and the full 120 needs to be paid. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Yes,

I agree but should I use a tax account for the 20 even if already reported ? 

Can you show me an example of what you import of an invoice that has tax that is already reported ?

Best regards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Every country has legal requirements as how to handle tax / vat.   They can be different. 

Like I wrote previously, my suggestion would be to ask the client / work with the client as to what you need to do. 

IFS can easily manage a 0 tax rate.   Assuming this is simply a test, you may be able to use a tax code with 0 rate.  But again, what tax code, and is this compliant with all regulations for your client /. country?  That’s why it should be discussed with your client. 

Best Regards, 

Thomas