Skip to main content
Solved

Issue migrating absence less than one day in IFS Cloud

• 4 June 2024
  • 6 replies

We have been attempting to migrate absence data into an environment as a trial for bringing absences in that are registered outside the system. The migration job uses the ABSENCE_REGISTRATION view using the INSERT_OR_UPDATE procedure. 

I am experiencing two issues, this is the first. 

We are able to successfully bring the absences into IFS Cloud however when the value is less than one day (irrespective of the absence type setup being working hours or working days) the system automatically turns absences less than 1 day or less than the scheduled 8 hours into 1 whole day or a full day schedule. 

The issue we have is that it isn’t uncommon to book less than your scheduled hours yet when we try to migrate data into this view we aren’t able to successfully include a time in the format. 

Does anyone have experience of a similar migration job where you have encountered the same issue?

Things I have tried so far

Using TIME_FROM and TIME_TO but only a date format is being accepted. When you run a report on this field, you get a combination of date and time but this is not acceptable input for the data. 
Changing the day unit 

Another issue I’m experiencing is using the existing absence ID sequence per employee, it would be highly beneficial to be able to use the existing sequencing but I can’t figure out a way to incorporate that automatically into the job. 

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

@ArcDeandH Can't help you with the partially day absence, but can you name the sequence that would be used? I searched for %ABS% and %EMPLO%, both not giving me an absence sequence per employee.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@eqbstal I’m not sure how exactly to find that out. I just know that a unique ID is assigned per employee when you create an absence. However, if I migrate absence with an ID of say 1 - 25 the system will attempt to continue using the ID that was previously available, if it is one of the numbers between 1 - 25 then it simply prevents you from creating an absence. So I want the migration to check and consider the last used number but this isn’t a sequence I can find in the front end like with say enterprise identity series. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

@ArcDeandH Following the coding in Absence_Handling_svc one should use: Employee_Absence_Id_API.Generate_Absence_Id(company_id_, emp_no_) in the default or source value column in the migration job, to get a new absence_id.

Table EMPLOYEE_ABSENCE_ID_TAB is used. So indeed an id per employee per company.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

That’s really great information thanks, I’d love to know how you find it if you ever have a moment to spare. Thank you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

This is what the community is for.😁

It's my technical background that helped me. I opened the programs to see how the absence id is prepared. Did that via IFS10. I really have not a clue yet how I can do this easily in IFS Cloud however.

Close this thread with selecting my answer as best. This will keep the number of open issues down. Thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

After looking into that API sadly it’s not usable in it’s current state because it runs an INSERT which is not possible in the migration job. Thank you for the help though @eqbstal it is appreciated.