Solved

Is there an issue with the fixed assets import?

Import fixed asset is not working properly.  Below is the test plan:

1. Create an FA object with valid from date 8/30/2016, assigned to an object group with SL BP for 7y0m.
  2. Import the object with acc. Depreciation value for year 2022, period 12.
  3. Post the import transactions.
  4. Create a new depreciation proposal for the object above for year 2023, period 1, review the proposal, you will notice the depreciation will fully depreciate the object with the remaining residual value.  That is incorrect.  The object should still have another 8 months to depreciate. 

If you would like to review our data, object id TEST2 is done via external template, object id TEST3 is created in the system, both with the same issue.  The testing data is on my UAT database (URL: IFS Cloud).

We are currently on IFS Apps 8 but not using the fixed assets module.  

icon

Best answer by Furkan Zengin 10 January 2023, 18:05

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello

Do you have a dummy username and password to connect?

I replicated your test scenario. Imported fixed asset with acq. value 8400. Accumulated depr. 7900 as of 12/2022.

Posted import object transactions.

I can see object balance is correct after import.

Created a depreciation proposal. And depr. amount for Jan 2023 is 100, which is correct.

I think either your depreciation method has wrong set up, or your accumulated depreciation is wrong. If you can share screen shot or share dummy username and password. I can verify and come back to you.

Hope this helps

url:  https://samuel-uat.ifs.cloud/

credentials: SUPPORT

this is read only account for IFS Support only.

I was looking now at asset (456-000824) which I set up with acquisition cost, accumulated depreciation and remaining months of 10.  The issue wit this was that when it ran the depreciation it didn’t start with remaining value but rather the total acquisition value.  The depreciation run was for $3,169.21.  Apparently putting in depreciation for 11/30/2022, I should have entered it with a date of 12/1 so it wouldn’t have depreciated for November again.  Why does it not recognize my accumulated depreciation in the calculation?

I did screen shots of object transactions and depreciation proposal but I can’t get it to paste/send.

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi there,

So your method is not SL BP but REM BP REPL, is that right?

I actually just caught that, cancelled the depreciation proposal, changed it to REPL BP and re-ran the proposal.  It gives me the same result for period depreciaton.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

The error you described in first post is not matching what you are doing.  You said you have issue with SL BP. But your depreciation method is not SL BP.

I believe your lifetime is not correct in case you have REM BP method. You must write 07y 00m in books tab of fixed asset object.

I originally wanted to upload assets with the original acquisition date but I would then need to create both depreciation calendars and accounting calendars for periods from the beginning of active assets, 1988.  I had thought it would be easier to use an import date and remaining periods over remaining value, in this case, rather than 7 y 00 m, use remaining periods of 0 y 10 m.  Unfortunately, it appears I need to rethink that or find out why it isn’t depreciating correctly.  Do you have suggestions to correct what I am doing?

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

I will write in steps

1. Create accounting periods using New Accounting Periods functionality. Click the pen icon and enter from year 1988 and to highest possible value that not exist in IFS.

1. Navigate to depreciation calendar and create depreciation periods for previous years.

1. Then you should be good to import without problem. 

Good luck

Are you saying to enter one accounting period for the entire time, 1988 to Dec 2021?  Then I will need depreciation calendar for each month?  

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Can you drop your email on private message please I will call you on teams and resolve issue quickly?

I have had success with suggestions from GUMABS regarding setups of schedules before importing assets.  I have one remaining issue with my imports and wondering how to resolve.  In Line Type N, I included accumulated depreciation in field Amount, 2022 in Year and 11 in Period.  This did not full in the Thru field for accumulated depreciation as anticipated.  When I ran the depreciation proposal, it generated a report for depreciation from the acquisition date forward.  What field on the import templates do I need to input the date to create a Thru Date?  I am wondering if this is just a matter of inputting a date of 12/1/2022 in the depreciation start date field.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi Thomas,

Thru date is assigned by the system when you import fixed asset template with line type N and post import transactions. See the sample below.

If you will use attached import file for SL BP method, it will work properly

Regards

It filled it in…. the thing I was missing was transaction type of Depreciation.  

I rolled back the object, it is now in Registered status.  Wanted to delete object but it says it is used in the Wait Table.  Do you know how I can remove it from there?  Would I then be able to delete it?

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi Thomas

If you post import transactions, then system will create accounting rows which means it is not possible to delete the fixed asset anymore.

This is system design and you cannot change it. 

Regards