Install IFS Data Migration Excel Add-in in IFS Cloud 21R2

• 31 January 2022
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 15 replies

Hi,

We have followed the instruction to install the IFS Data Migration Excel Add-in (https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/21r2/020_installation/400_installation_options/010_data_management/030_data_migration/) but I do not seem to be able to deploy the manifest in Excel in a “Normal” Excel client. Does this only work in the web client?

/Tor

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Badge

The issue I am having appears to be fixed in 22.1.4.

Eric thank you the details. That was key in finding the solution.

Mike

Badge

Eric, 

Thanks for testing.  

I tried again comparing your setup but still get the error.  The only thing I see different is date localization. 

This is what I get if select “Validate” after Loading the data

If I clear the CreationDate values it will validate.  If I change a date to text by adding a leading ‘  (eg. ‘7/19/2022) It the row is identified as having a bad date.

If I delete all data for date fields it will execute and validate changes in other columns.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I tested it at a 22R1 SU5 environment

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi, I set up a test job including a date column, it works for loading and modify data. 

Badge

We have worked through all of the items above but are now stuck on the issue that the Add-in won’t recognize “Date” columns.  You can load the data directly from the table, run validate, and it returns an data type error.  (Example Customer Info Creation Date. ) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Tor,

Follow the steps in below post to import the manifest file to Excel desktop client.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi Tor, the job “projections” has to be granted…

Hi all,

we have the same issue.

But I couldn’t find the folowing projection in IFS Cloud:

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Tor, the job “projections” has to be granted…

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Got the install working by having the admin adding the manifest, but now we have an issue loading the data, see 

Assistance apreciated.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Tor, one of our customers installed the add-in and it works.

Customer’s admin has upload the manifest file at admin.microsoft.com (and then “Preferences / Options” - “Integrated Apps”). He gave some users the permission to use it and those users see the add on in their local excel client.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Tor,

I was able to upload the manifest file to Excel sharepoint web app. But i am not seeing the option to upload the manifest file in Excel desktop client. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @william.klotz ,

That I know for sure it is, see https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/21r2/020_installation/400_installation_options/010_data_management/030_data_migration/ as a proof of that, speaking to IFS, this is the (only) reason for FNDMIG still being part of IFS Cloud despite the intro of Smart Data Manager tool.

/Tor  

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @Tor ,

I do not believe the IFS Data Migration Excel Add-in is support with IFS Cloud 21R1 onwards.  

Take a look at this community post for information on a possible solution.

Regards,

William Klotz