Question

IFS repopulating screen with slow query after delete

• 3 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

When I delete a service quotation, IFS10 takes 10 minutes to finish the process and unfreeze the screen. After taking a look in the debug console, I see the delete and subsequent commit finish in a very short amount of time (less than 2 seconds), but IFS then runs a SELECT * on the service quotation view to repopulate the screen. This query is taking 10 minutes because there is so much data.

This is 100% pointless, the screen could just show as blank or bring back a single record instead of functioning this way. I also tried changing the startup behavior of the screen to blank, but it did not prevent this issue. Has anyone found a way to stop this from happening?

1 reply

Badge +2

For anyone else facing a similar issue, I found a solution. Right click → Properties → Behavior → Turn off default sorting should be checked. IFS included an ORDER BY in the query for this screen, this meant that all records were fetched every time a service quote was deleted and IFS was attempting to populate the screen. Enabling this feature ignores the ORDER BY.