Question

IFS Cloud 22R1: Data Migration Manager - Number series functions

• 29 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Does IFS Data Migration Manger have built in Number series functions which can be used in the Input Container as Transformation Rules.

For example assume a Customer in the legacy system has multiple addresses.

If they do not have Address IDs in the legacy system , how do we generate Address IDs in IFS (Say Address IDs 01,02,03,04,05)

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @GaSoGB,

If you would like to have IFS handle the ID's I think the best way to go is using the standard functions IFS provides for this. For example, if you are going to do the migration of customer address then in the background it will use the CUSTOMER_INFO_ADDRESS_API method to create the new addresses. In that package you have the function Get_Next_Address_Id which needs the company and customer ID as input. The output of this function is the first available number to come as new address ID.

I would assume that if you put CUSTOMER_INFO_ADDRESS_API.Get_Next_Address_Id(customer_id_, company_) in the default value column of your mapping this should work. Although this is from my experience with the 'old’ FNDMIG migration jobs. I haven't tested it yet with the data migration manager. I know the supplier address has the same function in the SUPPLIER_INFO_ADDRESS_API.

Hopefully this suggestion will help you.

Best regards,

Michael

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Michael,

I do not think you can have Method calls in the mapping table default values. 
At least you cannot save the method as it gives you invalid data length error.

There should be some other workaround for these kind of situations.

Thanks
Gayan S

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Did some experiments and found answer to my own question.

What you have to do here is, to add a dummy value or some kind of a concatenation (Say Customer ID + Post Code) in the data mapping for the ADDRESS_ID so that it will not fail during Meta Data validations.

Then you have to define an ‘Additional Deployment Process’ of Process Category ‘Pre Deployment’.
Here , you can define a single standard database method call or chain of method calls.
Once you deploy from the Deployment Container , this ‘Pre Deployment’ process kicks in and replaces the dummy value we earlier specified in the Data Mapping and inserts the desired value coming from the method call into the target environment object record.

Hope this helps if you work on Data Migration Manager.

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

In case this is useful for anyone, I’ve used CUSTOMER_INFO_ADDRESS_API.Get_Next_Address_Id(customer_id, ‘’) successfully as the default value for the ADDRESS_ID column, where customer_id is the column name in the source view.  A blank company id seems to work fine.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@MMcK 
What is your cloud version?
I could not even save a method call in the Default value field. Probably a bug in IFS CLOUD 22R1

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi @GaSoGB 

Ah, good point.  I’m using 21R2.