Solved

Excel Migration job (w/ custom field) -- Error Message Help

• 8 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi All -- hoping for some help with a migration job issue I’ve been struggling with. I need another pair of eyes to see what I’m overlooking.

I’ve got a job containing two separate views, plus the custom field view for one. Validating my job results in “Validate OK”, however upon execution I receive “The Sales Part Base Price already exists.”  I’m trying to update the custom field (CF$_ACCEPTABLE_USE_CODE_DB) or any field in the line, and not create a new one. Attaching screenshots of everything I can think of… I’m also a rookie when it comes to data migration.

icon

Best answer by Jens 8 December 2022, 18:22

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @jenna.kussman ,

can you try the following please:

Map the default value ‘SALES PRICES’ to the SALES_PRICE_TYPE_DB:

​​​

Do a RMB in the method list for SALES_PART_BASE_PRICE and choose Method List Attribute:

Change the flags for SALES_PRICE_TYPE and SALES_PRICE_TYPE_DB:

/Jens

Badge +1

THANK YOU SO MUCH 😀 I made those exact changes and it “Updated” upon execution AND the updates are reflected in the IEE client. If you have a good link or anything that could help explain why those changes are what I needed, that would be awesome.. I can see more requests coming for similar jobs. I’ve scoured the IFS Docs site, but the information is limited.

You’ve made my day, Jens!!

-Jenna

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi Jenna,

• - Always map fields with a value where you have the flags P, K or M because these are mandatory fields
  • - If you have a field with the suffix _DB and a correspondig field without _DB, e.g. SALES_PRICE_TYPE_DB and SALES_PRICE_TYPE, map the field with the suffix _DB and keep the field without the suffix _DB empty. Why? The field without _DB is the translated content of the field with _DB. 

Example:

PARTY_TYPE = 'Customer', PARTY_TYPE_DB is empty

If you create your migration job with an english client and execute it then it works but if you execute the same migration job with a german client then it fails because the right value for PARTY_TYPE in german is 'Kunde'. 

Solution:

Mapping for PARTY_TYPE has to be empty, mapping for PARTY_TYPE_DB has to be 'CUSTOMER'. Then you can execute your migration job with every language in 99.99% of your cases.

Special feature:
If such fields/combinations (e.g. PARTY_TYPE and PARTY_TYPE_DB) declared as key fields (Flags K and P) then you have to go to the screen Method List Attribute and you have to do a kind of "key manipulation" for the migration job. No worries, there will be no change for the table in the database, it's only related to this migration job.
The migration tool checks depending on the key fields (flags K and P) in the screen Method List Attributes if a record already exists. If yes then an update will be done, otherwise an insert will be performed.

The minus sign means:

Ignore this field in the search if a record already exists because searching for a translated field ends with your error above.

The combination of all key fields (flags P and K) in the screen Method List Attribute must be unique and all these key fields must have a mapped value in the Source Mapping. NULL (or 'NULLVALUE') is not a value for a key field.

I hope that helps a bit and there is also the opportunity to order a training incl. tips and tricks for data migration by IFS.

Happy migration and have a wonderful day.

/Jens