Solved

Employee Transfer from one company to another

• 2 March 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

HI!
How i transfer my all employee from one company to another company. Please give me suggestion and working process. when i transfer one by one using ifsapp UI it will huge time to be done.

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 5 March 2024, 02:59

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Unless you have a script written to do this, there is no way to do this other than to create the record for each employee one by one.  You can do some of it on the overview screen but I find that you still have to open each instance of the employee record for that company to fill in the fields that aren’t visible on the overview screen.

There is no workaround, shortcut or built-in module to do this that I’m aware of.

I think it is because the IFS model considers that most employees cannot perform work for two different companies so the one they are setup in initially is the only one they need.

Badge +1

Thanks your reply..
i have a company A now i want to transfer all employee Company B. What if i update all employee company from database and they are inactive i company A, active in company B. ?

Is there any problem i had to face?

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

That shouldn’t be an issue, they will be blocked from doing transactions in Company A but will be allowed to do transactions in Company B.  If you are inactivating them as employees in Company A for new transactions, will Company A still be accessible for other items (customer orders, purchase orders, inventory, etc)?  

I’m not clear on the scenario, are you changing to a new company and blocking the previous one or adding a new one that will operated simultaneously?  Curious really, we have 5 different companies setup, but only certain employees are setup in multiple companies to do transactions, most are isolated to the company that is setup in the country where they reside and they are employed.

Badge +1

@ShawnBerk  It is my bad that I did not explain clearly. Before we had two companies that were running together. Now the management has decided to merge the two companies. If I want to transfer Employee from company A to Company B one by one, it takes a lot of time. My question is how easily this can be done and what are the problems to be faced while doing this?

Thanks for your reply with patience.

NB: I am new in ifs community and also ifsapp

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

There is no easy way to do it, one by one is the only way built into IFS.

The only problem is the data entry and getting each employee setup as you want, if you’ve done them in one company then moving to the other is really just reentering.  Like I said, you can shortcut some of the entries using the Employees overview screen, but in my experience you still have to open every one in the Employee form to make the final updates and some of the extended list items that are only visible on the form.

My suggestion is to do 10-20 a day and make progress as best you can.  It would take weeks or months to hire or find a developer to create the script unless someone reads this and volunteers for you.

Badge +1

@ShawnBerk  Thanks for your time.

Badge +1

Maybe you can extract the data for employees in company A (using few select statements ) and then via migration job , create new employees for company B using the data collected from company A.

Regards 
:)