Solved

Data Migration with multiple default values

• 16 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Guys

Wondering if someone can help me with a data migration query.

Scenario:

As a part of Customer data migration, i am also looking to migrate Address types (Pay, Delivery and Document which is coming from view- CUSTOMER_INFO_ADDRESS_TYPE)

Created a migration job to insert new Customers,  Addresses and Address types (third highlighted view as below)

Migration job works fine and creates first default value i.e. Pay 

But to pass other two default values (Delivery and Document) I am replacing Pay with other two one- by-one and running the same job few times. Is there any easier way to pass all three value once so that i don’t have to run the same job thrice?

Thanks in advance

/D

icon

Best answer by anmise 17 March 2021, 07:19

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi Guys

Scenario:

As a part of Customer data migration, i am also looking to migrate Address types (Pay, Delivery and Document which is coming from view- CUSTOMER_INFO_ADDRESS_TYPE)

Created a migration job to insert new Customers,  Addresses and Address types (third highlighted view as below)

But to pass other two default values (Delivery and Document) I am replacing Pay with other two one- by-one and running the same job few times. Is there any easier way to pass all three value once so that i don’t have to run the same job thrice?

Thanks in advance

/D

You need to add multiple records for CUSTOMER_INFO_ADDRESS_TYPE_API in the method list for the address type. There are a few different ways you can set this up.

You can use the CUSTOMER_INFO_ADDRESS_TYPE_API.NEW__  and RMB to method list attributes and hard code the address type codes e.g. ‘DELIVERY’ .

Or you can use ‘ViewNameUnique’ for view CUSTOMER_INFO_ADDRESS_TYPE

And then create records for address type for each of the views in the source mapping tab with a default value for each type.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Or you could just run a script to add the address types if you have access to the run a script.

Note: The attached scripts do not display error messages if unable to add the address type record.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Or you could just run a script to add the address types if you have access to the run a script.

Note: The attached scripts do not display error messages if unable to add the address type record.

Thanks. Was looking to migrate using IFS migration job only (as per the requirement) but thanks for the tips :)

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Guys

Scenario:

Thanks in advance

/D

You need to add multiple records for CUSTOMER_INFO_ADDRESS_TYPE_API in the method list for the address type. There are a few different ways you can set this up.

You can use the CUSTOMER_INFO_ADDRESS_TYPE_API.NEW__  and RMB to method list attributes and hard code the address type codes e.g. ‘DELIVERY’ .

Or you can use ‘ViewNameUnique’ for view CUSTOMER_INFO_ADDRESS_TYPE

And then create records for address type for each of the views in the source mapping tab with a default value for each type.

Thanks for the detailed process. Worked very nicely!

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I would recommend an additional topic. If you have a non-english environment (e.g. french, german, spanish etc.) then you should better use the DB-columns instead of the non-DB-columns otherwise the job will run into errors:

I changed the flags. You can enter a fixed value here or in the source mapping tab for the DB-column.

In my case I used to enter a value into the source column (or default value can also be used) in the source mapping tab for the DB-column:

/Jens

Userlevel 7

I would recommend an additional topic. If you have a non-english environment (e.g. french, german, spanish etc.) then you should better use the DB-columns instead of the non-DB-columns otherwise the job will run into errors:

I changed the flags. You can enter a fixed value here or in the source mapping tab for the DB-column.

In my case I used to enter a value into the source column (or default value can also be used) in the source mapping tab for the DB-column:

/Jens

Spot on! I notice I only did DB-column in my first example.