Question

Data Migration on Activity object

• 22 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Evevybody,

We prepare de data migration job to add some project activities. Table is ACTIVITY and a key field is ACTIVITY_SEQ. is it possible to call activity_seq.nextval to init this field ?

I test but without success. When I initialize with a numeric value it works but I will prefer use sequence.

Regards, Christophe

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi Christophe

Did you ever find an answer to this?  I am having a similar problem when trying to migrate employee information, such as Employee_Work_Location, where there is also a SEQ field.

I wondered if there is an API call which would give the next sequence number (similar to that discussed under the “IFS Cloud 22R1: Data Migration Manager - Number series functions” query posted 2 days ago.  The solution posted there seems to involve deployment steps under the Smart Data Manager rather than straight data migration jobs and I haven’t been able to find any other suggestions.

Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

In case it helps anyone, I’ve updated the migration job to use the IC_ROW_NO column as the sequence, added to a start value :

This is on 21R2.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi,

you can try the following and we call it key manipulation in the old migration tool:

In the tab Method List you have the view name ACTIVITY and the method name ACTIVITY_API:

Do a RMB (right mouse button) on this line and choose Method List Attribute.

Now you are here:

Now change the flags of ACTIVITY_SEQ, PROJECT_ID, SUB_PROJECT_ID and ACTIVITY_NO to the following values:

Now the migration tool will ignore the ACTIVITY_SEQ as a primary key field and will instead look for PROJECT_ID, SUB_PROJECT_ID and ACTIVITY_NO as the primary key.

Don’t map the ACTIVITY_SEQ in the tab Source Mapping with any value.

In this case a new activity_seq will be fetched if it’s a new record/activity and if you re-execute your job then your activities will also be updated.

Prerequisite: The combination of  PROJECT_ID, SUB_PROJECT_ID and ACTIVITY_NO is unique, otherwise you have to add another field as Keyfiel (Flag K).