Skip to main content
Solved

Data Migration Manager - Basic Data Container

• 12 June 2024
  • 2 replies

In the output container there is

ISO_LANGUAGE validation failed, basic data target cannot be found

and

ISO_COUNTRY validation failed, basic data target cannot be found.

Then the Basic Data Container need to filled with data from the target environment, right?

There is no option in the Basic Data Target Table drop down to select. Why is it empty? What is missing?

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Addomaby 

I just created a very simple example and then you’ll probably see your missing step.

I created a new project TEST1 and defined a Master Environment (define installed environment).

This will always create a basic data Migration Object based on the used Project Id. 

In that case it will be TEST1_BASIC_DATA.

Then go to the target table scope and add your 2 target tables (ISO_COUNTRY and ISO_LANGUAGE) if you don’t use the DMM template. Target Table Type can be Basic Data Setup or Basic Data LoV.

Set bith target tables in scope and connect these two tables to the Migration Object TEST1_BASIC_DATA (press the 3 dots).

Choose the migration object TEST1_BASIC_DATA, enter a structure sequnece and set the target table here also in scope.

Press ok.

Afterwards you must create the target table definitions for these 2 two table. You can either choose the 3 dots for each line in the header there is a button “Target Table Scope [Options]” with the option “Create Target Table Definitions”.

In the next window choose Master environment if available and press ok.

Now the target table definitions are created (will be shown in a seperate window).

At the end go to the basic data container and then you choose your 2 target tables here.

The first time you select something there will only be META data shown.

If you choose the option in the header “Extraction of Data from Connected Env” then you can import the data from an environment into this container if you want.

After the import for example:

If you want to validate your master and transactional data against the basic data container then you also have to “Validate Meta Data”, Validate “Basic Data” and “Approve Basic Data Records” in the specific target table of the basic data container.

I hope this will help you.

/Jens

Badge +3

Thank you @Jens, your example helped med fill the Basic Data Container. Next up I’m struggling a bit to Validate the data Ok in the Output Container:

Data Migration Manager - Validate Basic Data | IFS Community