Question

[AURENA] Does anyone have any experience using REST API? (Powerbi to pull IFS Data)

• 27 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I’m trying to use PowerBI to pull data from IFS. Someone mentioned that it’s possible through REST API but I have no idea and there are not many materials I can look. Does anyone have any experience using REST API?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @jaylee78 ,

We are using IFS Application 10 Update 8 at present.

I’ve only pulled data from IFS into PowerBI using Rest API in a testing environment not in a production environment.   I used Postman to get the Rest API running then I moved it into PowerBI.

I used the Rest API IncidentCases within the IncidentHandling projection to pull in incident case information so we could play around with using PowerBI to report on Incidents within our company.   We currently use Excel and Addovation to create an Incident dashboard.

We did not move forward into production at this time because the Rest API was using basic authentication and we desire to use oAuth2 authentication so users who run the report us their credentials so IFS permissions are fully enforced.   We could not get PowerBI to work with oAuth2.   We use Microsoft Azure as our identity provider and that is adding complexity.

I believe IFS has created a Power Automate connector for IFS with the IFS Cloud 22R1 edition which should make using PowerBI simpler but it’s not available for IFS Application 10 and we are not able to create our own connector at this point.   

Regards,

William Klotz