Question

Selection of suppliers Line Item wise in Request for Quotation

• 13 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Experts,

In Request for Quotation window, How to select Suppliers based on Line items?

Suppose i have 10 lines in PR and RFQ is raised from PR then how can we select suppliers for few lines (lets say Supplier A is only quoting for first 3 line items).

Currently what i have observed is that Suppliers are added for all the line items. Can we segregate suppliers line item wise and record its quotation separately as well.

Please respond.

Regards

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Mirali,

Please note that  as I know, currently in RFQ window, there is no way to connect only few lines to one supplier. As I think what you can do is, select only the lines you want to connect to a particular supplier in Purchase Requisition window, then create a separate RFQ for those lines. Then you will be able to add your supplier in to this RFQ.

Thank you,

Ravinatha   

Userlevel 7

You’d have to do this with custom configuration. Basically when you release the quotation you’d need code to check which parts can be delivered by which supplier and then delete lines they can’t from the Order Quotation (not possible through the client, but using code). 

You could add a custom menu that does the release and then the delete.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Basically, we are performing open bids for required material (PR). We don’t know how many suppliers will bid against material and which supplier will quote for which material until bidders actually quote.

IFS shows all the suppliers against complete PR irrespective of supplier quotation for selected items.

If there any way to tackle this in standard application.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@Dharshankumaar Mahendran