Question

Purchase Order Total Tax Amount is Zero

• 2 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi,

Can anyone tell me why the PO Tot Tax Amt/Curr is 0 even though there are Tax Amount at line items?

Where is the setting for this?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

KS Eng

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi, I would suggest you to report this issue through a support case since it will require a detail investigation to analyze the root cause.

Thanks,

Harsha

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@kimsiang does it occur for all POs and all Tax Codes in IFS or is it a one time issue? If the problem is not recreatable on a testing environment, it’s going to take a lot of effort in terms of investigations I think.  

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi, I would suggest you to report this issue through a support case since it will require a detail investigation to analyze the root cause.

Thanks,

Harsha

Hi, May I know where to log case for this kind of issue?

Thank you.

KS Eng

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@kimsiang does it occur for all POs and all Tax Codes in IFS or is it a one time issue? If the problem is not recreatable on a testing environment, it’s going to take a lot of effort in terms of investigations I think.  

Hi,

It’s only occur for some POs. Sometime OK sometime not OK.

I always solve this problem by add new lines with the same items then save. After that cancel those existing lines. By doing this, system will total up all the tax amount.

I have no idea what is going wrong.

Thanks.

KS Eng

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @kimsiang ,

Since you haven’t provide any test steps, it’s bit difficult to exactly figure out the issue. But as you are using IFS App7.5 track, BUD ID-70720 may solve the issue. But I’m not sure whether you have this patch already installed in your environments. 

But, you can follow the test steps in the BUG description below and check whether you can reproduce the issue with below steps. If it get reproduced, you may raise a case with IFS Global Support Delivery Organization ( after checking the eligibility according to your support agreement) requesting the patch. 

BUG ID-70720

Description - Inconsistency in Purchase Order VAT calculation

Test Steps- 

1) Create a purchase requisition
2) Add a No Part line without the taxable flag ticked
3) Release the requisition
4) Use the RMB Requisition to Order
5) Once the order is created add a tax code to the order line and save the record.
6) Notice the Total Tax Amount on the purchase order remains at zero while it is adding up the VAT correctly on the lines.

Many thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Thanks,

Harsha

Hi, May I know where to log case for this kind of issue?

Thank you.

KS Eng

here:

https://portal.ifsworld.com/portal/

If you don’t have access, here’s how to request it.