Solved

Purchase Order, E-Mail Order RMB, PDF Filename

• 15 May 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Using the “Report Rule” we can set the P.O. filename in the Report Document Archive to something a bit “smart”, like “SUPno-PO-Pxxxxx ”.  Nice!   But what we’d also like to do for the benefit of our vendors, as we RMB - Send Order, is send them a “smartly” named file.  The IFS attached PDF default filename is  a concatenation of the Report Title and Result Key; which may as well be a random number.  Is there a way of defining the e-mail attached PDF’s filename?  Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by ttzeleznik 3 August 2021, 21:40

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @ttzeleznik ,

Following tread might assist you ( attached document in last reply )

Then again, from below too ;

hope this helps you with your requirement 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @Xavier Fernando - Sorry, no. I could not connect enough dots to assign a “SmartFileName.PDF for the attached PDF file.  Maybe I’m missing background setup, I don’t know…

This is the Buyer’s Process:

RMB - “OK”

the Event Action:

So is the solution to producing a “smartly” named e-mail-attached PDF possible using the Report Rule Actions?  or is this possible in the Event Action within “Attach File”?   Thanks for Helping.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @ttzeleznik ,

Report Rule will assist you In order to “smartly” named e-mail-attached PDF not the PDF event action as it is used to send the email outside.

You may refer to the following link and the last comment as it has guidelines attached. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@ttzeleznik 

I had the same request way back in 2014 for a customer who was in Apps 8 and I reported it to R&D and they created a couple of patches (bug fixes / improvements) to introduce a new parameter PDF_FILE_NAME in the PDF_REPORT_CREATED Event. The same parameter is available in Apps 10. The solution was via a minor mod, where the File Naming Convention for your report needs to be defined, then the created pdf will inherit the naming as defined, if not the standard name will come through. Ex:

PO10002.pdf if naming was PO||<ORDER_NO>.pdf else Purchase Order <RESULT_KEY>.pdf

To achieve what you request two things need to be done.

1. A minor code change (modification may take 4 - 6 hrs for code change and build) to be done to define the PDF File Naming for the specific Report. Ex: Purchase Order Report name to be PO||<ORDER_NO>.pdf
  2. On the PDF_REPORT_CREATED Event Action, use &PDF_FILE_NAME for “Attach Files” instead of & PDF_FILE.

We used the same to assign Customer Invoice naming as well.

~M~

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Well, as it turns out, IFS decided this issue is a Bug and and corrected in Apps 10 UPD 9 onwards.  We are on Apps 10 UPD 8 going to Apps 10 UPD 10.   Our UPD10 testing caught the filename difference.  A little confused, we submitted  a case to understand what changed:

What you are experiencing is based on a Patch (Bug ID: 151107) which is included from Apps 10 UPD 9 onwards.  The bug description is as follows,

Bug Title: PDF File Name when sending email from purchase order and other documents should be renamed as <Report_Title>.<Order_No/Invoice_No

RnD Solution: Technology has provided a new parameter called PDF_FILE_NAME through bug 116342 (Apps 8 onwards)for PDF_REPORT_CREATED event. The report title together with the Order_No/Invoice_No will be passed to this parameter whenever a report is emailed. The correction focuses only reports generated using the RMB Email <report_title>. 

Thanks and Regards,  Yeshan

Problem solved……  :relaxed: