Solved

Purchase Agreement for quantity only

• 2 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Experts

There is a scenario in one of our customers that they make annual agreement with their supplier for purchase of Diesel. Quantity is agreed on for annual requirement but price is not. They ask for deliveries based on their requirement throughout the year and issue POs accordingly. Price will be charged based on current rate of diesel in the country. (Diesel prices change every month based on international market).

Was thinking to use ‘supplier agreement – blanket orders’ but price is not fixed so…………

How to run this scenario in IFS Applications 10?

Regards

icon

Best answer by COVJAMIEB 21 January 2021, 10:25

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Can anyone comment???

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Mirali,

I have used ‘supplier agreement – blanket orders’ for Nitrogen in the past. As the price fluctuated from time to time we used to update the price manually on the generated PO prior to receipt.

You could possible create an event to update the price in the PO line based on the data the PO was created.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Can anyone comment???

HI Mirali, 

This is how I ran the flow in IFS10. 

1. Go to Supplier Agreement window. Create the Supplier Agreement with the Agreement Type ‘Blanket Purchase Order’ 
  2. Enter Periods, Sites and Parts under each tab. Activate the Agreement
  3. Go to the window ‘Create Agreement Release’ and choose Agreement No, you just created, Supplier, Site, Part No, qty and ok. The PO will be created. 

Agreement ID will be filled on the PO line. Like MitJamieB mentioned above, I would also try to adjust the price manually

Alternatively you can define an Event in IFS to periodically release POs from the active blanket order. 

Hope this answers your question? Please don’t hesitate to raise any concerns you may have.